Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P2187 System running lean on idle on bank 1

axesuso

Hi!

My fiesta has thrown this DTC code recently. Im currently running stage 1 remap from bluefin, with some supportive mods like airtec stage 2 intercooler, ITG induction kit and a downpipe. My guess is that after fitting the downpipe, the O2 sensor is going crazy reading the exhaust gases and giving wrong signals... meaning i should ECU tune it, or simply go back and fit the cat. I think the car wont work properly if with downpipe its not calibrated...

Thats just my guess... maybe the downpipe has nothing to do with it and i have some other issue?

Thanks!

If you've de-catted it then it's probably what's caused it. Although I'd expect you to get a P0420 first tbh.

You must of changed the cat as the downpipe + cat is one piece, like you said either map it in or the adapter and wire wool job, i had the adapter+wire wool when I was stage 1 and worked perfect 

On 7/25/2021 at 9:44 PM, Luke4efc said:

If you've de-catted it then it's probably what's caused it. Although I'd expect you to get a P0420 first tbh.

Yes, actually this was the only error i would get before... and i just ignored it as i know im catless...

On 7/26/2021 at 12:48 PM, Kenny_stline said:

You must of changed the cat as the downpipe + cat is one piece, like you said either map it in or the adapter and wire wool job, i had the adapter+wire wool when I was stage 1 and worked perfect 

Yes, i know its one piece... im just no sure if its the catless thing creating this mess or simply i have something faulty... as i dont remember having a P2187 code before...

By the way, i did monitor de short fuel trim and it gives a 0 to -95 all the time like crazy... even the O2 signal is 0 all the time. Im going to try this parameters in another car to see if the scanner is really working or just giving wrong measures.

Thanks!

How long after you fitted the decat did you get the code as normally it would of been within 30 and  60 miles? 

2 hours ago, Kenny_stline said:

How long after you fitted the decat did you get the code as normally it would of been within 30 and  60 miles? 

I had it fitted on beginning 2020 about february and i think i didnt test it much as the lockdown happened. When they released the lockdown on july more or less i did some good miles to the car and noticed it had some issue going on so it went back to my trusty garage (i fitted the downpipe in another ***** garage) and it wasnt fitted properly. So the mechanics there unmounted the whole kit and mounted back again with screws and gasket all new. Then the car felt good and had the P0420 coming on but i assumed it was normal and just ignored it until i got a scanner, these typical elm327 style and one day it suddenly popped the P2187 code aswell and i was noticing strong gas smell on idle… i dont know why but i feel its the downpipe without cat thats possibly creating this issue as i friend of mine is almost same setup but with the MIL cheater and has no problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club