Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4

The Latman

Just checked the build on my 2017 Mondeo's Sync 3: 3.0 Build 20204.

I understand Sync 3.3 is out and 3.4 is on the way, how do you get that officially(without using Syn3), I thought I got all software updates from the Ford site, but, it states my Sync 3 is up to date. 

Is it a case of newer models get the newer software (tied to VIN)?

1 hour ago, The Latman said:

Just checked the build on my 2017 Mondeo's Sync 3: 3.0 Build 20204.

I understand Sync 3.3 is out and 3.4 is on the way, how do you get that officially(without using Syn3), I thought I got all software updates from the Ford site, but, it states my Sync 3 is up to date. 

Is it a case of newer models get the newer software (tied to VIN)?

You can't get 3.4 officially.

Ford have split development, 3.0 and 3.4 are both maintained and updated separately.

3.2+ Has a different partition layout. Sites like cyanlabs have loaded 3.4 on to 3.0 cars by using a leaked tool used by the factory to wipe, partition and load the files. However, it's not an official way, or supported by Ford. It's also a one way trip, you can't go back to 3.0 after doing it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You can't get 3.4 officially.

Ford have split development, 3.0 and 3.4 are both maintained and updated separately.

3.2+ Has a different partition layout. Sites like cyanlabs have loaded 3.4 on to 3.0 cars by using a leaked tool used by the factory to wipe, partition and load the files. However, it's not an official way, or supported by Ford. It's also a one way trip, you can't go back to 3.0 after doing it.

Gotcha, my brother has a 20 plate Kuga, looks like he has 3.4 ion it, Im guessing they give it to the newer models then.  Ive downloaded Cyanlabs app, I'm a bit wary of doing it though.  I take it I can still get the F10 maps though, is that the update my other post is talking about?

2 minutes ago, The Latman said:

Gotcha, my brother has a 20 plate Kuga, looks like he has 3.4 ion it, Im guessing they give it to the newer models then.  Ive downloaded Cyanlabs app, I'm a bit wary of doing it though.  I take it I can still get the F10 maps though, is that the update my other post is talking about?

They moved to 3.2+ around late 2018 iirc.

If you use cyanlabs, you'll need to keep using that, for your map updates.

The F10 map for Sync 3.0, is different to that for 3.4. So you can't use the F10 update from Ford if you've gone from 3.0 to 3.4 with cyanlabs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

They moved to 3.2+ around late 2018 iirc.

If you use cyanlabs, you'll need to keep using that, for your map updates.

The F10 map for Sync 3.0, is different to that for 3.4. So you can't use the F10 update from Ford if you've gone from 3.0 to 3.4 with cyanlabs.

Are there any major enhancements that 3.4 has over 3.0? I'm still a bit wary of it, considering its a one way trip, plus, if anything goes wrong I cant restore a backup of the original....I've found 3.0 to be excellent.  Its the shiny new bells and whistles of 3.4 that are catching my eye

2 minutes ago, The Latman said:

Are there any major enhancements that 3.4 has over 3.0? I'm still a bit wary of it, considering its a one way trip, plus, if anything goes wrong I cant restore a backup of the original..

It has a new look, that's the main difference.

More of a "re-skin", it's still mostly laid out the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It has a new look, that's the main difference.

More of a "re-skin", it's still mostly laid out the same.

Thanks dude, cool, Ill maybe grab a look at my brother's before I decide to take the plunge.

I did the Cyanlabs update myself on my 2017 Mondeo. Takes a while, but worked fine. The main downside is you have to babysit the update process for about an hour or so if you don't have the engine running. I did mine with ignition on but engine off and connected to a charger. Just watch out on the dash for the message it pops up before it decides to turn the ignition off and press OK to keep it on. I actually missed it once, but then I immediately turned the ignition back on and it continued the update, no issues. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club