Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery timescale

Nic1987

Hi Everyone,

I ordered my new Kuga 5 weeks ago and was told to expect it by the end of November but end of December would be the latest. Any one who has ordered the new Kuga in this last year how long from order to delivery was it for you? I don't know if they are being honest with the dates as on the forms the date was Feb 22 but they assured me it wouldn't be that date... Interested to hear how long it took for others to take delivery of their cars with all that is going on with the semiconductor shortages. 🙂

My aunt and uncle ordered a new Kuga towards end of June, they have been told not to expect it this side of Christmas!

• Sad 1

I doubt you'll see it this year in all honesty.  

I ordered a Focus earlier in the year, explaining explicitly why I needed a car before a certain date (wanted a pre-build ideally but there wasn't one available in the right spec) and was repeatedly fobbed off about the build & delivery date.  I'm not sure how much the dealers do actually know about the dates but in my experience they'll say anything to stop you cancelling the order...

• Sad 1

Hi Nic

I collected my ST Line X PHEV this morning, ordered in June.  It was built by end of August but has taken 9 weeks to travel from Valencia, via Antwerp to the UK. Dealers were saying I was lucky, and there seem to be delays with petrol and diesel variants, a lot to do with shortage of silicon chips.

• Like 1

Not looking good for this side of Christmas then 😞 They have said to me they should have an update on what the delivery date will be this Friday but from what I have heard it doesn't mean much as others have had the date move back weekly for months on end. Nightmare. First time I have ever bought a new car so am very excited but it feels like I will never get it at the moment!

I ordered my Fiesta in mid-April with a delivery date of July. In the following week there was increased publicity about the worldwide shortage of semi-conductors and delivery was put back to October, though it eventually turned up in late October.

There are several "known unknowns" about the next few months (eg Covid, problems with ships, winter weather) that could affect delivery times.

I ordered a Kuga three weeks ago and was told possibly mid February to early March.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, JamesH82 said:

Hi Nic

I collected my ST Line X PHEV this morning, ordered in June.  It was built by end of August but has taken 9 weeks to travel from Valencia, via Antwerp to the UK. Dealers were saying I was lucky, and there seem to be delays with petrol and diesel variants, a lot to do with shortage of silicon chips.

You could have driven it back quick yourself and ironed out the issues on the way 

my mate orded st line x fhev late June I orded same car late July he picked his up Monday I'm still waiting for build date.

22MY Kuga ST line X Edition FHEV 2.5 CVT Solar Silver / 20'' 5x2 spoke alloys / Technology pack / Drivers assistance pack

I ordered mine early April 2021 and picked it up on Monday. Transport route - Valencia > Antwerp > Liverpool.

First impressions for anyone interested;

Having previously had a 20MY Kuga ST line X 2.0, my first impressions are 10/10 after driving 100 mile in total this week this includes 25 electric miles, which I am more than happy with. This info can be seen on the trip computer, plus there is an app on the screen called 'Power flow status' which shows live data; Idle, electric driving, hybrid driving and regenerative braking.

The remote start from the ford pass app is a great feature, allowing you to start up the cars internal features including the heated windscreen, climate control, front and rear heated seats plus the heated steering wheel. I have set this to auto on the in car settings with a 10 minute switch off. The instant power from the electric start is great, depending on your speed it isn't long before the engine kicks in. The battery seems to work on speeds up to 40 mph with controlled acceleration and then assists the combustion on the motorway.

Couple of MY changes from previous model;

No B&O badges on door pad Speakers just sub woofer on dash. (probably a MY cost saving or shortage).

New door pad design.

Deletion of internal tailgate light (probably a MY cost saving or shortage).

No USB-C port replaced with an additional USB.

Hope this helps.

Just thought I would update that I have just heard from Ford that they are expecting the car to be delivered week of 22nd - 28th Nov (Could be any day she said they don't get told until it arrives with them on the day) I asked how likely it is for the date to be pushed back and she said to me once they are built which mine is any delays that were going to happen usually have happened already.... Not sure how true that is 🙂 It is just waiting to leave Valencia.

I am just happy to know it has been built and is on it's way even if that does get delayed a bit. My concern having not really heard from Ford was that it hadn't got to the build stage. I ordered the car 7 weeks ago so if it arrives when they say then it will be 10 weeks which isn't bad at all.

Let's see.....

• Like 1

I ordered my 2020 Kuga in October 2020 and it was delivered 23rd December, again via Valencia etc. I think parts shortages have spoiled the delivery times for many manufacturers. 

I ordered a new Kuga FHEV in October and the delivery date quoted is hopefully end April/May next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a PHEV  4th September 2021 - not heard a dicky bird about the progress was advised by dealer most likely Feb/March not sure how they know that - if we got to mid Jan i would want to hold off for a 22 plate do they reqister the cars before you sign the finance paperwork 

Just to update this thread the car has landed in the UK and I pick it up next Tuesday (They will have it this Friday but I am away) They did say I have been very lucky with it only taking 10 weeks as most Kugas have been delayed until March next year and Also that even built ones are stuck in Valencia so I have been very lucky to get it so quickly.

Dear Nic, 

I ordered my kuga in June this year. I am on my third build date which is 3.12.21 for delivery in January.

This is all to do with no  chips/parts.

Regards 

Stephen.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:16 AM, ASHO said:

Dear Nic, 

I ordered my kuga in June this year. I am on my third build date which is 3.12.21 for delivery in January.

This is all to do with no  chips/parts.

Regards 

Stephen.

I am lucky to have received it already. 

• 1 month later...

Hi I ordered a kuga st line x in June (diesel auto) was told they no longer make the engine dealer had to swap it for a phev (2.5) auto been told 3 build dates( September,November and December) they have put the finance though in June when ordered an swapped it over to (phev) in September would I be able to cancel it now currently have a kuga st line x 19 plate which is due up in 3 months dealer telling me to keep it till new car is build but could sell it for profit now lost all trust in them now any advice ?? 

Hi, I ordered my Kuga ST-Line X 2.5 PHEV back at the end of September 2021 and still have not got a build date yet let alone a delivery date so I'm not expecting it to be

coming anytime soon, I have been told its down to not being able to get certain parts so I hope the long wait will be worth it.

15 hours ago, Calum2 said:

Hi I ordered a kuga st line x in June (diesel auto) was told they no longer make the engine dealer had to swap it for a phev (2.5) auto been told 3 build dates( September,November and December) they have put the finance though in June when ordered an swapped it over to (phev) in September would I be able to cancel it now currently have a kuga st line x 19 plate which is due up in 3 months dealer telling me to keep it till new car is build but could sell it for profit now lost all trust in them now any advice ?? 

Any idea why they have stopped manufacture of the Diesel Auto ?  Is this the 190PS all wheel drive as that’s what I have and it’s the only all wheel drive Kuga now. Hope it’s nothing to do with reliability. 

31 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

Any idea why they have stopped manufacture of the Diesel Auto ?  

Probably the same reason as most manufacturers are dropping diesels - demand has fallen dramatically as buyers switch to EVs and hybrids.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ford-announces-decision-to-scrap-diesel-versions-of-kuga-suv-after-sales-slump/246501

Edge of reason it's only the two wheel drive 1.5 Diesel engine that's gone like comment above just no demand for it also the dealer said the 2.0 liter engine is getting faded out by June /July 

Is there no demand for all wheel drive ?  There is no petrol or hybrid powered Kuga that has all wheel drive, which lets face it was the initial reason to have an SUV, although I appreciate they have become more fashionable than functional, plus the commanding driving position of course.  Rarely are and SUVs used off road as such.  

I haven't a clue about the drivetrain just know that that all the diesel variets will be gone in favor of phev and fhev 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club