Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Won't Start And Alarm Going Off

kb1979

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might know the problem with my StreetKa.

It is an 04 reg with a soft top.

I haven't driven it for about 2 weeks, and when I went to get in it this morning for work, the alarm started going off very quietly, but wouldn't stop. The alarm apparently went on until 1:30pm and when I came home from work to try the car again, it started going off again!

When I turned the key in the ignition, nothing happened at all so I am not sure if the battery is dead?

Also the boot won't open using the key fob and it doesn't have a key hole to put the key in.

I haven't got a clue about cars or anything so any help would be brilliant.

The alarm has stopped now, but am thinking maybe that's because there's no battery to let it go off any more?

Also this morning when I put the windscreen wipers on they were going really slow.

Thanks

Kathy

first job would be to get the battery and alternator checked out.

first job would be to get the battery and alternator checked out.

i second that and its not advisable to leave the car fo twoweeks you should every few days turn the car over and let it run for a minute or two that keeps everything moving and reverse it back and forward a few times to prevent the brakes from ceasing sounds like youre battery is dead

Thanks both for the responses. I'll check the battery tomorrow. I am hoping it is just that. I will update as soon as i know.

Thanks again - I really appreciate it.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

In the little cubby hole just behind your left shoulder, theres another keyhole inside of it which will let you open your boot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club