Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smoking Zetec

freda

Hi everyone.

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a 2001 Mondeo zetec diesel, it has covered around 92000 miles. It releases clouds of grey smoke when first started. This clears when driven. It seems like fuel to me, certainly smells that way. I have looked on the web and it seems there are a number of diesels with the same problem. Glowies look new and are functional. Best wishes all Tony

does it happen every time its started or just when its been standing for a while, if its when its beeen standing it could be a dribbling injector allowing fuel to sit in the clynder which when started burns away.

does it happen every time its started or just when its been standing for a while, if its when its beeen standing it could be a dribbling injector allowing fuel to sit in the clynder which when started burns away.

mine gives a very quick and small puff of grey smoke when i first start it but only if im daft enough, so the garage says to have my foot on the throttle when i start it. apparently this is normal as it clears instantly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club