Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing belt 2019 Fiesta

N Hopes

Does anyone know when the timing belt should be replaced on a 2019 zetec fiesta as the Ford dealership where I got my car from doesn't know which is a bit worrying

Petrol, Diesel, Pixie Dust ?

Small, Medium, Large ?

Ah! it's a 1.0 Ecoboost, all so know by many as an unexploded time bomb.

I don't believe for a second that your Ford dealer doesn't know the answer, if they don't then they must be the only garage on earth that doesn't.

So for the Mk7 and 2019 Mk8 answer is:

You have a 'Wet Timing Belt' and a 'Wet oil Pump Belt. They are meant to last until 100,000 Miles or 10 Years, which ever comes sooner.

Because of the high number of premature failures of the wet belts it is recommended by many to change the belts at 80,000 Miles or 8 Years. This is just a recommendation but worth doing, otherwise no one will ever want to buy a 1.0 Ecoboost that is getting near the time when the belts need to be changed.

Many independent garages will not touch the Ecoboost wet belts and so the normal option is to have them changed at a Ford dealer for a cost of £1200 to £1400.

It is very, very, very important with this engine that oil and filter changes are done regularly, certainly more often than the service intervals. Only ever use the exact Ford specification oil and never use any type of engine cleaner or flush the engine.

Not on a 2019. Didn't come in until first half of 2020 - not sure of exact date, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

144k or 10 years. The later engine came into production around Oct 2019 according to the service sheets . 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, unofix said:

Ah! it's a 1.0 Ecoboost, all so know by many as an unexploded time bomb.

I don't believe for a second that your Ford dealer doesn't know the answer, if they don't then they must be the only garage on earth that doesn't.

So for the Mk7 and 2019 Mk8 answer is:

You have a 'Wet Timing Belt' and a 'Wet Oil Pump Belt. They are meant to last until 100,000 Miles or 10 Years, which ever comes sooner.

Because of the high number of premature failures of the wet belts it is recommended by many to change the belts at 80,000 Miles or 8 Years. This is just a recommendation but worth doing, otherwise no one will ever want to buy a 1.0 Ecoboost that is getting near the time when the belts need to be changed.

Many independent garages will not touch the Ecoboost wet belts and so the normal option is to have them changed at a Ford dealer for a cost of £1200 to £1400.

It is very, very, very important with this engine that oil and filter changes are done regularly, certainly more often than the service intervals. Only ever use the exact Ford specification oil and never use any type of engine cleaner or flush the engine.

Ford in Australia dealers charge around $1,700.Which is around £900 odd pounds.

4 hours ago, iantt said:

The later engine came into production around Oct 2019 according to the service sheets . 

Wonder how long they take to filter through to customer sales? I have a January 2020 price list which still shows the 140 etc, and a June 2020 list by which time the 155mhev etc were shown. 

So it would seem that the OP who has a January 2019 car will still have the Wet Belts.

15 hours ago, unofix said:

You have a 'Wet Timing Belt' and a 'Wet Oil Pump Belt. They are meant to last until 100,000 Miles or 10 Years, which ever comes sooner.

Because of the high number of premature failures of the wet belts it is recommended by many to change the belts at 80,000 Miles or 8 Years. This is just a recommendation

4 hours ago, iantt said:

144k or 10 years.

Is that for the new engine with the timing chain ?

144,000 Miles seems to be a very precise number.

6 hours ago, unofix said:

No , wet belt.  Chain hasn't got a change interval. 

Servicing is at 18k intervals so assume that's why 144k 

The older fiesta was 150k or 10yrs. 

Screenshot_20211129-172018.png

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes,very odd.👍🦘🦘🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

I spoke to another Ford dearlership and the belt should be changed  between 100000 and 125000 but will get it done before that. I had a Focus and that was changed around 70000 miles. I might be changing the Fiesta in the next year or so.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club