Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you prefer the design of the Mk 7 or Mk 8 Fiesta?

Kieran67

5 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

The 8 is a far, far superior car to the 7,6,5,4,3,2 etc

There isn't a single thing on the 7 that is better than the 8.

The 8 is actually better than the Focus 4 in certain things too.

Definitely the best and probably last Fiesta ever made.

I work on many different cars and find myself thinking how the engineers got from the dash in the Mk7 to the Mk8 as it is a massive jump in design and looks, also feels more quality. Some of the switches in the Mk7 are just Fisherprice I am refering to the heater controls more than anything. Love the look of the Mk7 which is why I'll be sticking with mine for a while.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eatonm112 said:

I work on many different cars and find myself thinking how the engineers got from the dash in the Mk7 to the Mk8 as it is a massive jump in design and looks, also feels more quality. Some of the switches in the Mk7 are just Fisherprice I am refering to the heater controls more than anything. Love the look of the Mk7 which is why I'll be sticking with mine for a while.

I've owned all marks of Fiesta and, apart from the MK1 XR2, the current Fiesta is one of the best cars Ford has ever made

• Like 4

On 12/9/2021 at 5:55 PM, statts said:

Hi

Yes mines the 1.0 ecoboost with 125bhp. Fuel economy is around 32-33mpg but engine doesn't get up to temperature when I am in it.

Interesting I have the 100ps version, I wonder why the temputrature doesn't get up?  My trip computer says it's doing 43.4mpg and has stayed there since having it, however I have just recently filled it up and will work it out manualy to see if it's accurate. Performance is great for a 1.0.

9 hours ago, Kieran67 said:

Interesting I have the 100ps version, I wonder why the temputrature doesn't get up?  My trip computer says it's doing 43.4mpg and has stayed there since having it, however I have just recently filled it up and will work it out manualy to see if it's accurate. Performance is great for a 1.0.

Hi

Temperature doesn't get up because it is constantly stopping and starting as I am doing parcel deliveries in it. Totally agree on performance its there when you need it. In fact my 125bhp 1.0 ecoboost is just as fast as my dads 2009 2.0 140bhp vw pd tdi from 0-60mph!!!!!

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2021 at 5:46 PM, Ryan_Tango said:

Didn't like the MK8 at first but got rid of my MK7 last month, best thing I did, I think the MK8 looks miles better, nicer drive and just all round a better place to be

mate, saw your car the other day. looks incredible. grats on the buy. my fiestas gone (replaced with a picanto) but looking at buying a house round the corner from you and getting a mk4 focus estate in desert blue 🙂

15 hours ago, supraking said:

mate, saw your car the other day. looks incredible. grats on the buy. my fiestas gone (replaced with a picanto) but looking at buying a house round the corner from you and getting a mk4 focus estate in desert blue 🙂

Cheers mate makes me smile every time I drive it, Think it was just before Christmas I saw you on the M62 then again at Meadow Hall, told my mum to give it a revs 😂. Housing markets seems a bit all over at the moment

Really wish Ford Australia would start importing these back into the country again.The only Ecoboost we get now is the Puma.

1 hour ago, Hackney said:

Really wish Ford Australia would start importing these back into the country again.The only Ecoboost we get now is the Puma.

Not much chance of any new petrol versions from now on - only new models will be hybrid or full electric.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

I drove a Galaxy for the last 16 years, but with kids no longer in tow got myself a 66 plate Mk 7 FIESTA ST-LINE on Oct, which I absolutely love both for how it looks and performs. 

Came across this forum today and enjoyed reading.  I've had a puncture though during the week and have for the first time noticed that the back tyres are 205/45ZR17 and the fronts are 205/40ZR17.  Should I replace the fronts with 40s or with 45s??  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

16 minutes ago, rbeekie said:

I drove a Galaxy for the last 16 years, but with kids no longer in tow got myself a 66 plate Mk 7 FIESTA ST-LINE on Oct, which I absolutely love both for how it looks and performs. 

Came across this forum today and enjoyed reading.  I've had a puncture though during the week and have for the first time noticed that the back tyres are 205/45ZR17 and the fronts are 205/40ZR17.  Should I replace the fronts with 40s or with 45s??  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know off topic, but mk7.5, that you have, should have 205/40 17s, the taller 205/45 are fitted to the Mk8. All 4 tyres must be the same size as it will effect ABS and ESP. 

19 hours ago, Jim H said:

I know off topic, but mk7.5, that you have, should have 205/40 17s, the taller 205/45 are fitted to the Mk8. All 4 tyres must be the same size as it will effect ABS and ESP. 

Thanks for that, I didn't think different sizes would be right, Kwikfit said just to fit what was there before, so this will let me get this sorted now, much appreciated.

I wouldn't let Kwikfit anywhere near my car.

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

I wouldn't let Kwikfit anywhere near my car.

You CAN get better than a Kwik-fit fitter.

Actually I used them a few times 20 years ago for my first car with no problems, not sure now with the horror stories I hear nowadays. Anyway where ever you go, make sure they are decent, mid-range or premium type. Remember tyres are the only things that have contact with the road!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club