Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing To Reverse In Mk 7 Zs

Alex.T.zs

oryt i have a 58 plate zetec s new shape. had it since march but when i select reverse 99% of the time it grinds, is this a fault with the gearbox or is it just my own error during gear change?

i think this is the case with 99% of the 5 gear ford gearboxes. I have the same issue and also was apparent in my old ford ka - the solution i find is to double dip the clutch if you feel the resistance when nearing reverse gear, often putting it back into neutral and pressing the clutch back down then trying again to put it into reverse solves the problem; can still give a hefty clunk though!

I know it isn't a fix but i hope it helps :)

Ryan

was the same on all my other fiestas.

these things help somewhat:

start the car with the clutch engaged then disengage before chosing a gear (obviously using the clutch again before though)

double declutch before selecting R

hold the clutch for a number of seconds before selecting gear

its an annoying 'character' of the car

I have the exact same problem :/ ill try the double clutch thing next time I go out cheers :D

The day someone starts a thread saying their FORD doesnt crunch in reverse would be more surprising.

Almost all FORDs do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club