Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car valuation - we buy any car...

StephenFord

In January, for fun (I have no intention of selling!) I got a valuation from We Buy Any Car - it came back at £300. Just did it again now, it's rocketed up to £700. I knew all that polishing would add value 🤣

• Haha 4

Perhaps when you got the original valuation the petrol tank was empty, and now it has a couple of litres in it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not selling but just for info. When you use we buy any car when you put in the reg does the valuation take the factory extras into account? Or is is based on standard model? 

WBAC and most of the others only have a system that values a standard car and they do not take factory options/extras into account - I know this because I have contacted them.

Although a bit more complicated Motorway are the best.

You put your car reg in and it comes up with a value for a standard car. They then send you an app to upload a specific set of photos, easy.

You then contact them by phone and tell them what Factory Options, if any,are fitted to your car and Motorway add this info so their dealer members can see the info.

The car then goes live to their registered dealers to bid on and the price will deffo rise.

For my BMW 320 M Sport 2020 WBAC offered £27,000. Motorway's initial offer was £28,500 (far better than WBAC or Cinch anyway) - I spoke with them and added the factory options that were fitted to my car - It then went "live" to their dealers and within 8 hours I received a firm offer of £32K.

I purchased it in June 2021, it was pre reg at a main BMW dealer in northern England. I paid £30,500 for it and it was at 8,000 miles when it went on the Motorway site. In most cases, when they collect your car, your money is already in your bank before the inspector/collector drives off.

I know numerous people who are very satisfied with Motorway 

Add - my spec car with same  mileage is currently selling at between £35K and £36K. In fact you have not been able to buy a brand new one for some months now with all options such as HUD (Head Up Display) due to chip shortages etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

Not selling but just for info. When you use we buy any car when you put in the reg does the valuation take the factory extras into account?

WBAC has never recognised my number plate, it's a cherished plate I've had for 40 odd years. I have to input manually, and there is no section to put in 'options', not that I have any LOL

I've been wondering if the valuations are area specific.  My cars have decreased in value each time I've checked lately, yet I'm seeing other cars increase in value on the same timescale. 🤔

The frustrating thing for me with Motorway is that they don't offer a text based alternative to the phone call, so I can't post an ad or get a totally accurate valuation.  If I do use their services eventually, I will have to ask a relative to complete the process for me which is awkward for all involved.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club