Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Focus Zetec S 1.6

Ryan.Porter

Hi, I own a 14 plate 1.6 TDCI Zetec S as the title gives away and I am wanting to modify it. Nothing too crazy just to lower it, some nice wheels and a nice sounding exhaust but I am struggling to find any good websites/parts. Can you fit parts from the 2L Focus as I have found a few places with parts for them? Any help or advice is welcome. TIA

You can fit what ever wheels you like so long as they fit.

You can't fit and exhaust from a petrol engine to a diesel engine

Suspension will be specific, diesel engines are heavier than petrol engines

• Like 1

OE suspension is very specific...but you'll find a lot of aftermarket springs cover several models, just offering more or less drop on each.  The Eibach Pro kit for example (my choice) covers both the 1.6 & the 2.0 TDCI...but the 1.6 will drop less, and with the ZS already being slightly lower from the factory, would expect even less of a drop.  You could go for coilovers instead, which will again fit most engines, but can be adjusted to get the perfect drop once you've decided which wheels you want.  Might be worth a look at Demon Tweeks, though ultimately I'd put any part numbers into eBay which is where you'll generally find the best deals.

The 2.0 TDCI exhaust setup is different to the 1.6 TDCI so the exhausts aren't interchangeable.  Tbh, with the DPF in place, you're unlikely to get much noise improvement anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 9:43 AM, TomsFocus said:

OE suspension is very specific...but you'll find a lot of aftermarket springs cover several models, just offering more or less drop on each.  The Eibach Pro kit for example (my choice) covers both the 1.6 & the 2.0 TDCI...but the 1.6 will drop less, and with the ZS already being slightly lower from the factory, would expect even less of a drop.  You could go for coilovers instead, which will again fit most engines, but can be adjusted to get the perfect drop once you've decided which wheels you want.  Might be worth a look at Demon Tweeks, though ultimately I'd put any part numbers into ebay which is where you'll generally find the best deals.

The 2.0 TDCI exhaust setup is different to the 1.6 TDCI so the exhausts aren't interchangeable.  Tbh, with the DPF in place, you're unlikely to get much noise improvement anyway.

I'll be doing an EGR and DPF delete which I realise I didn't mention before 😅 I have been looking at Eibach lowering springs, which I think I'll go with as they're cheaper than coil overs. Just an exhaust to find which seem like gold dust 

On 5/24/2022 at 8:50 PM, unofix said:

You can fit what ever wheels you like so long as they fit.

You can't fit and exhaust from a petrol engine to a diesel engine

Suspension will be specific, diesel engines are heavier than petrol engines

I've found some Bola wheels I like the look of but I didn't mean an exhaust from a petrol to a diesel, there's a lot of exhausts for 2L but hardly any for 1.6

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ryan.Porter said:

I'll be doing an EGR and DPF delete which I realise I didn't mention before 😅 

It's your decision, but I wouldn't say that's worth doing now.  MOT regs are much tighter than they used to be.  And if you go for an obvious DPF delete that would get picked up by a roadside check. 

I did have a DPF/EGR off map on an older 16v 1.6 TDCi...but the standard mapping for the EGR & eolys DPF were pretty poor, and the DPF kept blocking up.  The DPF on the Mk3 works well, not worth removing just for a bit more noise imo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club