Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can you duplicate an app icon on multiple home pages on Android 10?

StephenFord

Hi, I want to replicate an app icon on all my home screens on my new Android 10 phone (It's a simple power off/lock screen app). I don't want to use the actual physical on/off button. Is there a way to do this? I've googled but can't find anything relevant.

😂

%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8B%D0%BD%D1%

• Haha 2

Would love to offer some help, but I've no idea. Do you not know any 10 year old's who will sort it out in a few seconds for you ? 🤣

• Haha 1

Your best bet would be to contact the App Developer to see if they can help though I doubt if you can do what you want to do

The next best thing might be to enable double tap to lock/ wake up if that is possible on your phone or get an App that does that. It won't switch the phone off but will save most presses of the power button.

The other thing that might be useful is there may be something partially useful in the Google Accessibility Settings.

4 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Your best bet would be to contact the App Developer to see if they can help though I doubt if you can do what you want to do

The next best thing might be to enable double tap to lock/ wake up if that is possible on your phone or get an App that does that. It won't switch the phone off but will save most presses of the power button.

The other thing that might be useful is there may be something partially useful in the Google Accessibility Settings.

Thanks, contact with developer has remained silent, I expected no more as I wouldn't expect a 'specific' app solution, rather a generic solution you could have with any app. Have exhausted the Google Play store but have found nothing suitable. Not a big issue TBH, but was just wondering if I'd missed something relatively simple.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know many will have been waiting anxiously for a solution to my question (!!), well, here it is. It's so easy it's embarrassing that it took me this amount of time to discover it.

You simply go to the main 'app' drawer on your phone, long press the app you want, then drag it to the 'home' screen you want. You can repeat this for every 'home' screen you want to access the app from! I have 4 x home screens, and the app I want is now on all of them...

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I know many will have been waiting anxiously for a solution to my question (!!), well, here it is. It's so easy it's embarrassing that it took me this amount of time to discover it.

You simply go to the main 'app' drawer on your phone, long press the app you want, then drag it to the 'home' screen you want. You can repeat this for every 'home' screen you want to access the app from! I have 4 x home screens, and the app I want is now on all of them...

Thanks for posting the solution although I don't know if it is an Android 10 thing or a phone thing, but it does not work on my Android 9 phone but it might be useful in the future.

46 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Thanks for posting the solution although I don't know if it is an Android 10 thing or a phone thing, but it does not work on my Android 9 phone but it might be useful in the future.

Now that's odd. I found the solution on an obscure Q&A site, and no mention was of Android 10, just Android in general. Sorry it doesn't work on 9, don't see any reason why it shouldn't...

EDIT

I just checked, the answer was posted way back in 2016, so definitely not an Android 10 issue...

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

It's so easy it's embarrassing that it took me this amount of time to discover it.

Better late than never 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Now that's odd. I found the solution on an obscure Q&A site, and no mention was of Android 10, just Android in general. Sorry it doesn't work on 9, don't see any reason why it shouldn't...

EDIT

I just checked, the answer was posted way back in 2016, so definitely not an Android 10 issue...

It must be a Sony Launcher thing then.

When I do that on my phone it just moves the App from where it was before to the new place, no duplicates. I even tried it with Apps that were not originally on my pages.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tizer said:

It must be a Sony Launcher thing then.

When I do that on my phone it just moves the App from where it was before to the new place, no duplicates. I even tried it with Apps that were not originally on my pages.

I've just tried on my Sony Xperia X compact, and have to report it won't allow duplicates. It just moves the App from one screen to the other 😧

• Sad 1

Just now, unofix said:

I've just tried on my Sony Xperia X compact, and have to report it won't allow duplicates. It just moves the App from one screen to the other 😧

I'm disappointed, I usually am a fan of Sony products since owning a Trinitron TV 40 years ago!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Yeah, Sony always do like to do things a little differently. 

Using a different Launcher may work, but I'm not that bothered at the moment.

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

I'm disappointed, I usually am a fan of Sony products since owning a Trinitron TV 40 years ago!

99% of all electronic equipment I own is Sony. 😀 Nearly all of it has been bought from the John Lewis partnership, as they are "Never knowingly undersold" and give you a free 5 year guarantee on electrical products.

1 minute ago, unofix said:

99% of all electronic equipment I own is Sony. 😀 Nearly all of it has been bought from the John Lewis partnership, as they are "Never knowingly undersold" and give you a free 5 year guarantee on electrical products.

Although not having a JLP here in NI, I have been in one quite a few times. Not sure if you are aware or not, but they finally dropped that 'undersold' policy last month...

• Like 1

Revised tag lines;

"Almost never knowingly undersold" OR "Not quite knowingly undersold" 🤣

Solved now, there is a setting on my phone called Remove Duplicates in the Apps settings.

It was on in my phone, maybe by default, I don't remember changing it. I have switched it off now and I can have duplicates if I want😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club