Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaking engine

cardi

I have this steady squeaking coming from the engine compartment. It is regular so must relate to engine rotation. I suspect tensioner pulley but with this weather I haven't had a chance to look, remove belt etc. Water pump maybe. Anybody had similar experience. Engine is Endura diesel turbo.

most likley a tensioner,water pump bearing or the belt itself

Be weary of the fuel pump, they are know to go and squeak. Just took my TD lump out today. But as said, could be the tensioner.

Be weary of the fuel pump, they are know to go and squeak. Just took my TD lump out today. But as said, could be the tensioner.

Is that the lift pump? I hope you don't mean the injector pump.

The thing is that I am off to south Italy next week and want to get the vehicle sorted. I have a low mileage Fiesta for scrapping with a good non turbo engine. Does anyone know if there is much difference from the turbo? I wll probably pull offf all the bits to take as spares.

No the injector pump. There is a difference between the 2 pumps on the engines and i have heard the internals are slightly different but i'm not 100%.

In america they run these TD engines with bigger turbo's and up the boost to 100 psi and they run on standad internals at 10 sec quarters!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club