Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumper Repair

JoeyR1708

Hi,

I was parked outside a property today and I came back to my car to find someone had driven into it. I’m guessing that I’ll need to have the whole bumper replaced as it’s caused some of the plastic to bend up and wondered if someone could give me a rough figure of how much it would be? 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:07 PM, JoeyR1708 said:

Hi,

I was parked outside a property today and I came back to my car to find someone had driven into it. I’m guessing that I’ll need to have the whole bumper replaced as it’s caused some of the plastic to bend up and wondered if someone could give me a rough figure of how much it would be? 

£347 plus a 3 pack of Snickers...

A picture of said damage would make a more serious estimate a LOT easier because the bumper might not need replacing.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:07 PM, JoeyR1708 said:

it’s caused some of the plastic to bend up

Quite large dents and bends in plastic bumpers can be removed with the aid of very hot water. Heat up the area and carefully but forcefully push it back into shape.

I jackknifed a trailer into my back bumper once (Did a 3 point turn, completely forgetting I still had the trailer attached!!!!). Quite a nasty dent was left, but after removing the bumper and using hot water, it is barely possible to tell anything was done to it now.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club