Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help - Mondeo Tddi

shane1234567

hiya all

just when to look at a new motor for my self as im currently using the van daily and its not comfy at all and dirty from work

the car is

Ford mondeo zetec lx 2.0 Tddi

51 plate - 2001

151k miles but part service (85k)

the fault is

well when down and looked at this car and was happy with the outside in side etc etc

well starter it up and sounded lovely, no idle fault, started with 1 turn.

jumped in it and when to take it for a spin, drove it out of the housing street and joined the motorway, put my foot down and nothing

the car revs as it should, not in limb mode just no power, i was flat out in 3rd and only doing 41 mph

so turns around and done with the test drive, took it back and explains to the seller what its like, he says just OK and lets me have a look at the engine..

well under the bonnet i find 2 breather pipes of 1 from the erg vac and the other from the air box, plugs them in and drives it again, its the same again just no power

so back under teh bonnet and notices were there should be the eletric connector plug that plugs into the air flow mass meter there was nothing, so assumes now its fallen off or taken of and left hanging so i look every were for it and still nothing..

so took my eyes now looking for some cut wires incase some 1 tried to hide them and still cant find anything.

so now im woundring is there and way off by-passing the air flow meter or can some 1 send me a pic over of a tddi engine showing were the wire come out and what colour are they..

also why would they cut the wires, i thought surly not over a idle matter or power loss as they not very expensive new £100 +

please help as i am going back down there 2moz at 7pm to have another look if i get a bit more info

cheers

shane

hiya all

just when to look at a new motor for my self as im currently using the van daily and its not comfy at all and dirty from work

the car is

Ford mondeo zetec lx 2.0 Tddi

51 plate - 2001

151k miles but part service (85k)

the fault is

well when down and looked at this car and was happy with the outside in side etc etc

well starter it up and sounded lovely, no idle fault, started with 1 turn.

jumped in it and when to take it for a spin, drove it out of the housing street and joined the motorway, put my foot down and nothing

the car revs as it should, not in limb mode just no power, i was flat out in 3rd and only doing 41 mph

so turns around and done with the test drive, took it back and explains to the seller what its like, he says just OK and lets me have a look at the engine..

well under the bonnet i find 2 breather pipes of 1 from the erg vac and the other from the air box, plugs them in and drives it again, its the same again just no power

so back under teh bonnet and notices were there should be the eletric connector plug that plugs into the air flow mass meter there was nothing, so assumes now its fallen off or taken of and left hanging so i look every were for it and still nothing..

so took my eyes now looking for some cut wires incase some 1 tried to hide them and still cant find anything.

so now im woundring is there and way off by-passing the air flow meter or can some 1 send me a pic over of a tddi engine showing were the wire come out and what colour are they..

also why would they cut the wires, i thought surly not over a idle matter or power loss as they not very expensive new £100 +

please help as i am going back down there 2moz at 7pm to have another look if i get a bit more info

cheers

shane

if you want an honest ansswer leave it well alone mate and dont buy it thats not good that all this stuff is disconnected suggests either it was disconnected to mask over a problem or taken off to try and fix a problem theres no boost clearly and no power walk away and tell the seller no thanks

i was going to try and pop over my mates scrappy and find out were the wire run from and get the mass flow meter eletric plug of my mate and a length of wire and connect it back up and see what the syptoms are then.,,

if idle fault etc i would then put it at the ait flwo mass meter, would any 1 agree with this

its a pretty good deal,,

£300 my way and the mondeo

he gets my van, pug partner, needs exhaust inc cat, shafts clicky, 1 month mot, no tax but the best runner you can get lol

totally agree with artscott79 ,WALK AWAY, they are trying to cover up a more serious problem like injectors or turbo. there are plenty of mondys out there to choose from.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club