Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temperature gauge not in the middle ecoboost 1.0

hellohelloyou

Hi!

I have a 2020 Focus 1.0 ecoboost 125 hp. 

The temperature gauge is rated 60 -120 Celsius. 90 celsius is in the middle marked with a straight line. Since a few weeks the needle is reaching just below the middle. If 90 Celsius is in the middle I would say it stops at perhaps 87 (so it is not much from the middle, but still..). It stays still and never moves. I have not had a Ford before. In my other cars the temperature gauge always is right in the middle. The Ford dealer says this is not anything to worry about and that it is nothing wrong with the car. What do you guys say? Is it nothing to worry about (read: nothing that can be fixed)? Is it a "Ford characteristic"? If not - what could it be? Thermostat? Sensor? Could it be something else? Or is this the way of having a Ford?=)

• Like 2

Nothing wrong.

Which is the first time I've ever said that about an Ecoboost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Not really clear whether you mean you've had the car for a few weeks and it's always done this, or that you've had it for longer and it's only done it for a few weeks?

However, the temperature needle in my Fiesta sits in exactly the same spot and has done for 4+ years since new. There's a thread on this somewhere where others have reported the same, so it appears this is normal. I assume the Focus will be the same.

• Like 1

Yes, I found the Fiesta thread after my post and maybe this thread is a bit superfluous.

I´ve had the car for a month. I believe the needle was in the middle the first week (or I didn´t notice,...). But I still thinks it is a bit odd. My first thought is that it could be fixed in some way. But maybe it couldn´t. I don´t like assymetric gauges....and could pay a few £ for have it in the middle....=)

• Sad 1

My 2018 1litre Focus’ gauge stays I exactly the same place. No problem!

Also bear in mind the gauge is a stepper motor driven by the ECU and is not directly connected to the temperature sensor. Consequently it's reading should be taken with a pinch of salt as it's totally dependent on the programming and may bear little relation to the actual temperature being sensed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:59 PM, hellohelloyou said:

Hi!

I have a 2020 Focus 1.0 ecoboost 125 hp. 

The temperature gauge is rated 60 -120 Celsius. 90 celsius is in the middle marked with a straight line. Since a few weeks the needle is reaching just below the middle. If 90 Celsius is in the middle I would say it stops at perhaps 87 (so it is not much from the middle, but still..). It stays still and never moves. I have not had a Ford before. In my other cars the temperature gauge always is right in the middle. The Ford dealer says this is not anything to worry about and that it is nothing wrong with the car. What do you guys say? Is it nothing to worry about (read: nothing that can be fixed)? Is it a "Ford characteristic"? If not - what could it be? Thermostat? Sensor? Could it be something else? Or is this the way of having a Ford?=)

Got 2019 model and gauge reads exactly the same.

Okey - thanks for all your replies. I accept it and just continue to drive =).

On 10/13/2022 at 9:29 PM, hellohelloyou said:

I don´t like assymetric gauges....

That must be quite a problem. How do you deal with the fuel gauge, the rev counter and the speedo ? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The temp guage on my Focus Mk4 2.0 diesel never ever gets much above 80C no matter how hot it is outside or how long I drive it for. This photo was taken after 40 minuites of driving.

(Photo taken on a private road)

DSC_0358.JPG

45 minutes ago, unofix said:

(Photo taken on a private road)

I'd have been much more impressed if you were doing a ton the wrong way down the M6 LOL 🤣

• Haha 2

Either I'm going doo lally or my temperature gauge over the last 5 years is slowly working it's way to the middle 

27 minutes ago, mburdett555 said:

Either I'm going doo lally

Keep taking the tablets 🤣

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Keep taking the tables 🤣

I'm almost positive you mean tablets, unless he works in Ikea? LOL 🤣

• Haha 2

Just going to follow my own advice and take a couple of tables .... sorry tablets now. I'll be alright in the morning. 😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Just going to follow my own advice and take a couple of tables .... sorry tablets now. I'll be alright in the morning. 😜

You are entirely forgiven, I'm sure you are just suffering mild after effects of 'new granddad' celebrations! 😁

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club