Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Long For Private Plate To Arrive?

benholden2008

Just bought a Private plate on friday from the dvla website and was wondering how long it takes for the documents to arrive, the V750 i think its called? known the DVLA there not going to be in any rush to send it out but i was just wondering how long on adverage it should take, as it would be nice to have it on the car by the end of the week

Also a massive praise to http://www.no1showplates.co.uk/ who made the plates

Ordered at about 4:15PM Friday 23rd and they arrived on Saturday 24th at 9:30AM :lol:

If only everything could be delivered that fast!

how did you get your plates without A V948, v750 or v778 certificate?

Just bought a Private plate on friday from the dvla website and was wondering how long it takes for the documents to arrive, the V750 i think its called? known the DVLA there not going to be in any rush to send it out but i was just wondering how long on adverage it should take, as it would be nice to have it on the car by the end of the week

Also a massive praise to http://www.no1showplates.co.uk/ who made the plates

Ordered at about 4:15PM Friday 23rd and they arrived on Saturday 24th at 9:30AM :lol:

If only everything could be delivered that fast!

Hi

I've just done the same yesterday afternoon and they should have sent you a response email within minutes and it clearly states that you should allow up to 14 days for the V750 to arrive, so you still have a few days to wait but I would imagine that you will have it by this Saturday or before.

Hope this helps. :)

Dave

I think i had to wait about a week for my V750 to come through, and then it was a case of taking it and the logbook and tax disk to the local DVLA office, spent about 20 minutes with them and then i was ready to put the plate on the car there and then in the car park! :)

Benholden it looks like we have the same car.What engine have you got.Mines the 1.6tdci.I am waiting for my log book for this car because I have only had it for two weeks.When I got it I will be straight over to the DVLA office to get my plate put on.It is on retention at the moment having taken it off my last car (mk6 fiesta). :D

got the paperwork through for my plates after about 4 days, which to be honest, i was very impressed at! Like you, i didn't expect them to rush around and get them out faster.

Still unfortunately, waiting to put them on the thing now!

Thanks for the replies, hopefully I should have it by the end of the week then:-D

Yea it's the 1.6tdci, fantastic car and engine, especially when remapped or chipped

and I got the plates made up online so didn't need to wait for paperwork from dvla to say I can get them made up

• 10 years later...

Do you have to get you own plates made or do the dvla send you out plates aswell 

10 hours ago, Nat246 said:

Do the dvla send you plates out or do you need to make your own? 

you have to wait for the v750 to arrive in post before you can get plates made. without this document it is illegal for a plate to be produced.

1st class post takes about 3 weeks because of christmas.😃

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club