Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Push Start Button

Leemaxd

Hello, just wondering how hard it is to install a push start button onto my focus, on some of the zetec s I see they already have them where the 12v output is. Just wondering if anybody knew, would like to fit one think it looks cool. It's an 09 focus by the way

Hello, just wondering how hard it is to install a push start button onto my focus, on some of the zetec s I see they already have them where the 12v output is. Just wondering if anybody knew, would like to fit one think it looks cool. It's an 09 focus by the way

they look smart but totally useless you still have to put the key in the ignition and turn it so whats the point? really its a job for an auto electrician to do it involves tapping into ignition wires etc and very easy to get wrong ideally it should also be fused my sisters rover has one as the ignition barrell was worn auto electricain fitted and supplied for 50 quid

Cool thanks for the reply, I am a electrical engineer myself so might give it a go just need to know what wires to tap into.

Cool thanks for the reply, I am a electrical engineer myself so might give it a go just need to know what wires to tap into.

that question i cant answer mate the guy who did it had a tester and was poking away at certain wires the probe he had supplied power to the wires when he pressed the button 1 wire when the power was applied started the car the second wire was taken to a fuse in the box so that if there were any issue the fuse would blow maybe that makes sense to you the wires all came from the ignitin switch he tested one by one and one started the car

Thanks, yea might give it a go, if succesfull I will put it on here for others if they wanna try.

Won't be for a couple of weeks though gonna get the exhaust sorted first it's the only thing I think ruins the look of the zetec s.

You are right the zetecS and titanium now have this in but you don't need to put the key in the ignition as there is a blanking plate over it

If you can get hold of a wiring diagram then it will be a piece of cake, ive done a mk1 focus and a mk6 fiesta so far, both very easy to do.

If you can get hold of a wiring diagram then it will be a piece of cake, ive done a mk1 focus and a mk6 fiesta so far, both very easy to do.

yea would like to get hold of a proper wiring diagram/instructions for the new focus, sure it's not to hard at all just nice to have a guide.

• 2 weeks later...

The Zetec S and Titanium from '59' plate onwards have 'keyless entry' where you don't have to take key out your pocket. Just walk up to car pull handle sit in press clutch down and push the start button. Sounds good but think of the future problems plus my mate who has a Titanium walked away and left car running on the Ferry when she first got it cos she had key in her pocket!! I'll stick to old fashioned key in barrell.

The Zetec S and Titanium from '59' plate onwards have 'keyless entry' where you don't have to take key out your pocket. Just walk up to car pull handle sit in press clutch down and push the start button. Sounds good but think of the future problems plus my mate who has a Titanium walked away and left car running on the Ferry when she first got it cos she had key in her pocket!! I'll stick to old fashioned key in barrell.

lol i know what yuou mean when they go wrong they are a nightmare to try and get fixed renault loved them then mysteriously stopped putting them on cars personally i like the key in the barrell too i hate my cars being overcomplicated since my vw, too many sensors and seperate ccontrol modules for everything i wont even buy a car with aircon been stung with almost a grand bill for that before as well

• 4 months later...

hi how do u do the mk1 focus thanks

• 1 month later...

yeah i wouldn't mind knowing which wires are needed to be tapped into on the mk1 focus please

• 3 years later...

The easiest way to do this mate is take off the panel under the steering wheel find the thick orange and grey wire cut it half so the key can't start the car wire up the the wire to the starter wire (orange and grey) and tap into the thick solid red to supply power to the switch earth the switch to the steel panel behind the stereo with the black earth provided in kit if provided and place switch where you want if you have any queries just ask mate happy modding

yeah i wouldn't mind knowing which wires are needed to be tapped into on the mk1 focus please

The easiest way to do this mate is take off the panel under the steering wheel find the thick orange and grey wire cut it half so the key can't start the car wire up the the wire to the starter wire (orange and grey) and tap into the thick solid red to supply power to the switch earth the switch to the steel panel behind the stereo with the black earth provided in kit if provided and place switch where you want if you have any queries just ask mate happy modding

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club