Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electronic parking brake warning light.

mark.diver

I've got a 2009 2.0 Lt S max diesel that has just devolped a strange fault with the electronic parking brake. When you stop the car and park up the brake comes on as normal and warning light light illuminates on the dash, normally this light goes out after a while but I've noticed it is now staying on all the time, it was still on when I  went back to the car this morning. Worried  that this going to  drain the battery, any ideas where I should looking for the fault? Thank you.

57 minutes ago, mark.diver said:

Worried  that this going to  drain the battery

That's not something to worry about. It would take more than a year for the little LED warning light to run the battery flat.

More concerning is the fact the light is on when it shouldn't be. It is not just an indication of the parking brake but also an indication of a brake system fault. When were the rear brakes last serviced ? It may require new pads.

4 hours ago, unofix said:

That's not something to worry about. It would take more than a year for the little LED warning light to run the battery flat.

More concerning is the fact the light is on when it shouldn't be. It is not just an indication of the parking brake but also an indication of a brake system fault. When were the rear brakes last serviced ? It may require new pads.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know when the rear brakes where last looked at, only just got the vehicle. The light goes out once you pull away and behaves normally whilst driving, just wondering why it stays on once the vehicle is parked with ignition off, would low pads cause that?

1 hour ago, mark.diver said:

would low pads cause that?

Quite possibly if the parking brake is not able to apply full pressure to the pads because they have worn down.

29 minutes ago, unofix said:

Quite possibly if the parking brake is not able to apply full pressure to the pads because they have worn down.

Ok thank you, I'll have a look at the pads and see what they are like.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem. Any result ? What was the cause that brake light was still on ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club