Do Not Sell My Personal Information

120,000 miles - only just run in...

StephenFord

Car is 18 years old, starts on 1st twist of key, and I believe that she's also ULEZ compliant. Of course it's worth peanuts, but in 4 years of my ownership, never really let me down. Might even treat her to an oil change at end of month as long as she passes her MOT!

120000milefocus.thumb.jpg.46b39b35b0743289511d9cc0b188fd29.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Of course it's worth peanuts,

"worth peanuts" he says !!

It's got more than half a tank of petrol 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, unofix said:

"worth peanuts" he says !!

It's got more than half a tank of petrol 🤣

Especially as it's BP Ultimate LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

similar to my car, 18 years but 105k, getting there though.

• Like 1

I’ve got a 16 year old one that’s barely run in with 75k on the clock. Full Ford service history for the first 12 years of its life. 
The 1.8 Petrol engine starts first time every time and runs really smooth, and the interior looks almost like a new car. Rust will kill it though eventually sadly (it originally came from a coastal village). 

I had 1980,s vauxhall cavalier that I  got past  120k miles with no problems, Just the body was rotting slightly . a Suzuki Liana ( of top gear fame) with similar mileage  that I abused by not servicing it apart from oil change. Original filters and plugs,  brake discs etc. 

Hope my current car will hold up as well as those cars did. 

Mum's Toyota Yaris - 2001 (22 years old), 38,406 miles...

yarismileage2023.thumb.jpg.ab777d1992ef24e89ba0e14895c736fd.jpg

• Like 2

My ST is about to clock 120k and still runs like the day it came out of the factory. Love a MK2!

• Like 2

My buddy has a TVR, 25 years old with 25k on the clock, chap he bought from had done six miles in it since 2013, in the nine months he’s owned it , he’s put another 2k on it, including a trip to LeMans. 

IMG_2162.png

• Like 4

17 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Mum's Toyota Yaris - 2001 (22 years old), 38,406 miles...

yarismileage2023.thumb.jpg.ab777d1992ef24e89ba0e14895c736fd.jpg

That's a surprisingly snazzy dash considering the age of car and target market of a Yaris.  I had a 2001 Avensis briefly and seem to remember that just had a horrible flat analogue dash like the Focus!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's a surprisingly snazzy dash considering the age of car and target market of a Yaris.  I had a 2001 Avensis briefly and seem to remember that just had a horrible flat analogue dash like the Focus!

I remember when we went to buy it in 2003, thinking how, 'snazzy' it was compared to my Toyota Celica at the time. It is the 'sporty CDX version', but pretty sure even basic ones had it. I still get a buzz driving it today and watch the rev counter activate!

• Like 2

My sister inherited my dad's van when he had to stop driving, Suzuki carry van 24 yrs old . 30, 000 from new. He bought it new and I'm the only one who serviced it, well when I mean service I mean oil and filter every 2 yrs. Still on its original air filter plugs , cambelt brake fluid and antifreeze. 

Cambelts lasted longer than an ecoboost 1.0

Who says don't buy a vehicle off a mechanic? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

My two previous cars

Toyota MR2 MK1 - 12 years old  119,000+  (it had 10,000 when I got it)

Nissan Micra 16 years old 110,000+ (bought new)

I doubt I'll hit those numbers with the current one Focus MK4  5 years old (in September)  19,500 (2,600 when I got it )

This is from a US site I frequent, focusst.org, this isn’t unusual either, there are plenty of mk3 ST’s with over 200k on there. 😧IMG_2570.thumb.png.55f65c04bb3526ff1782b5769f9ca614.png

385k. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club