Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel Option

Steamrunner

I'm ordering a new Fiesta, and was expecting to have to wait a few months for a new build. However I've been advised that there is a car available which is to my spec (trim, sensors) except it doesn't come with the spare wheel (which I had specced).

If it comes without a wheel, does that mean it also comes without the wheel jack and brace? And am I correct in thinking that the wheel is stored in the boot, so I can just buy a wheel of the correct size and drop it in myself? I seem to recall other cars (with wheels slung under the boot) didn't have the cage fitted at all if the spare wasn't specced at time of order, so just want to check I can still add a wheel later.

Cheers!

I'm ordering a new Fiesta, and was expecting to have to wait a few months for a new build. However I've been advised that there is a car available which is to my spec (trim, sensors) except it doesn't come with the spare wheel (which I had specced).

If it comes without a wheel, does that mean it also comes without the wheel jack and brace? And am I correct in thinking that the wheel is stored in the boot, so I can just buy a wheel of the correct size and drop it in myself? I seem to recall other cars (with wheels slung under the boot) didn't have the cage fitted at all if the spare wasn't specced at time of order, so just want to check I can still add a wheel later.

Cheers!

It will not come with the jack or brace. In the wheel well your fine a Polystyrene piece of trim which will contain the Tyre destroyer foam & mini compressor and the towing eye.

I was in a similar situation as yourself and I brought of eBay a brand new wheel and tyre complete with wheel brace and jack. £45

I had to buy the screw that secures the wheel down from Ford. £5

Also if they have a Fiesta in stock check when it was built? they have just commenced building the 2011 spec. The one in stock will probaly be a 2010.5 spec. Ask what the differences are?

Hi Steamrunner

I ordered a car that was being held at the Ford Holding Compound & I specified a spare wheel at the time of order.

However, the Fiesta arrived at the dealer without the spare wheel. It was actually the dealer who put a spare wheel in for me when I picked the car up. This was supplied to me free of charge.

I would negotiate with your dealer as I am sure they are quite capable of doing this for you at no extra cost!

i agree, i would definately negiotiate it.

I managed to wangle (by pestering) a spare wheel out of my local dealer about a month after buying the car :P.

Hi Steamrunner

I ordered a car that was being held at the Ford Holding Compound & I specified a spare wheel at the time of order.

However, the Fiesta arrived at the dealer without the spare wheel. It was actually the dealer who put a spare wheel in for me when I picked the car up. This was supplied to me free of charge.

I would negotiate with your dealer as I am sure they are quite capable of doing this for you at no extra cost!

The dealer has said he'd supply the wheel if he could, but doesn't have any available. He's also fitting the sensors, but I'm told they're the same as factory fit anyway (guess they're not like my Picasso where they're part of the stereo).

I'll keep pestering, though - can't hurt!

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club