Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DIY Engine Replacement - ambitious or plain stupid?

BrokenDown

Tale as old as time: our 98k 1.0 EcoBoost is (likely) bust. Suspected wet belt. Got a mate who works with cars and he recommends getting the engine swapped out professionally (to the tune of over 2 grand).

Assuming it is, in fact, the wet belt that's wiped it out:

Used like-for-like replacements can be found on eBay for just over a grand - you see where this is going. The most me and hubs have done is replace brake pads, change alternator belts and swap out injectors on an older diesel engine. We both have upcoming time off work (and, if it helps, he's an electrical engineer - my creds are a Haynes manual and working eyeballs, lol). Is a DIY engine swap a mistake waiting to happen, or should we just go for it?

Well if you like a challenge and don't mind a few problems along the way you could give it a try.

Not sure if this is a scam, a mistake, or genuine but this eBay seller is according to the description offering a new 1.0 ecoboost engine fitted for £1100+VAT (read the text at the bottom of the advert):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285572672827

engine.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, emb01 said:

Hi,

I don't know if this will help at all but I've used engine parts uk a few times now. I literally just called them up gave them the car details what sort of thing I needed and they got the part out for delivery that same day. 

https://www.enginepartsuk.net/

Like what?

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club