Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible TPMS issue

DoTheDonkeyKonga

It never ends with this car! 🤦‍♂️

So last night on my way back from a gig in Manchester a TPMS warning flashed up on my dash. I stopped and did a quick visual on all the tyres and they seemed fine. Drove to the nearest garage and hooked up to the compressor and the pressures all seemed fine. I reset the TPMS and drove on and everything was fine.

Queue this afternoon, on my way back from work, having driven about 30 miles this morning and about half that on the way back with no issues when lo-and-behold another TPMS warning. Same story - drove to the nearest garage and checked the pressures and all were fine.

There is no visible damage to or debris lodged in any of the tyres and the car feels fine when driving.

I'm beginning to think the problem is with the TPMS itself and not the tyres.

I came across this thread and am wondering how likely it is that it's the same problem, and what the best way of telling is? Any advice?

Thanks.

On a 2017 car, the batteries in the TPMS sensors could be low. They typically last 7 to 10 years depending on the mileage.

• Like 2

Is there an easy way to test them, or is it a case of replace them and see if the problem reoccurs?

for the short term I’ll keep a very close eye on the tyre pressure to rule out an actual issue with one of them. Like I say though for now the pressure in all corners seems perfectly stable despite the TPMS warnings.

You could use FORScan and it will most probably identify which wheel it is that triggers the TPMS alert.

• Like 1

Alternatively if you pop down to your local tyre place (that has a tpms machine) they can check the status of all 4 sensors and if one doesn't show as is what happened on my focus, then you just get that sensor replaced

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club