Do Not Sell My Personal Information

driver rear door not working

froggy8
聽Share

Very sorry guys, really didn't know what else to call it 馃槀

Anyway been at it again for a good 10 minutes and still couldn't get it out, really need to find the loose wire.聽

Just had another good look at the door and I think I might be able buy the whole loom wire and just replace it all. I think it might take couple hours.

Again, if anyone has a better idea on what I should do then I'm all ears.

Apologies unifox, only just seen your first post regarding replacing.

Should I just get that one I linked?

• Like 1

Just compare the wire i have in door to the one I linked and my mine has alot more wires so will need to look around for one.

Just had a look on eBay and they all seem less wires than mine, am i missing something?

This is mine:聽

20240501_183018.jpg

20240501_183016.jpg

5 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

Just had a look on ebay and they all seem less wires than mine, am i missing something?

Now, that's the 2nd time this week I've seen the inside of a Mk2 door, mine getting the hinge strap replaced...

doornocardnumber.thumb.jpg.9ec12d07ad2688794cc6781b9b7ab63e.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

had a look on ebay and they all seem less wires than mine, am i missing something?

Not all of them have electric rear windows.聽

• Like 2

Yeah that is the wires I am missing, the ones for electric windows聽

I have sent ford an email, waiting fir them to get back to me.

At the meantime I will keep looking around聽

i have managed to source one from a breaker for 47.99 posted. does that sound good price?

33 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i have managed to source one from a breaker for 47.99 posted. does that sound good price?

Can you afford it? Do you want it? Do you need it? If answer is yes to all, then go get it...

• Like 2

i have just purchased it, il update this thread on how i get on. hopefully nothing gets in the way.

Ok guys, the wire has turned up now.

Question is what is the best way to replace the wires?

My original plan was to try feed the wires through where the rubber boots are but then I noticed another connector which I believe goes inside the door.聽

I have seen some bolts that are around the edges and just wondering if taking them off would be my best option?聽

I just don't want any surprises like something will fall out and I can't put it back in or something like that.

Hope someone can help please

i am guessing i will need to take the door off?

3 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i am guessing i will need to take the door off?

No !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

No !!

many thanks for the reply

but i have a feeling i will need to take the inner panel off? there are some bolts around the edges so i undo them then i can just take all the wires out?

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

but i have a feeling i will need to take the inner panel off?

Yes, that is correct.

2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

there are some bolts around the edges so i undo them then i can just take all the wires out?

Yes 馃憤

• Like 2

3 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes, that is correct.

Yes 馃憤

Awesome!! Thank you 馃檪

just one more question and il crack on it.

Do I need to tape the window on up/closed position first? I keep thinking the window might slip down.

3 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

Do I need to tape the window on up/closed position first? I keep thinking the window might slip down.

There is no reason for you to remove the window regulator and therefore the window will not slip down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, unofix said:

There is no reason for you to remove the window regulator and therefore the window will not slip down.

Ok thank you again

I will take the panel off tomorrow and crack on 馃檪

13 hours ago, froggy8 said:

Ok thank you again

I will take the panel off tomorrow and crack on 馃檪

The window regulator is connected to that panel.聽 You will need to lower the window, unbolt it from the regulator through holes behind foam pads, then tape it to the top of the door, before being able to remove the panel & regulator together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The window regulator is connected to that panel.聽 You will need to lower the window, unbolt it from the regulator through holes behind foam pads, then tape it to the top of the door, before being able to remove the panel & regulator together.

hhmmmm...... thank you, just thinking how that can be done as there is no power going to that door at all 馃槥

• Sad 1

ok i have an idea, since i am replacing the whole wire, i was thinking about cutting the motor wire and connecting it to a battey but theres alot of wires connected to the motor though, can anyone tell me which 2 wires i need to connect to a battery please?

if i had to guess, i would have thought its the bottom 2 wires ( brown and black)

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

ok i have an idea, since i am replacing the whole wire, i was thinking about cutting the motor wire and connecting it to a battey but theres alot of wires connected to the motor though, can anyone tell me which 2 wires i need to connect to a battery please?

if i had to guess, i would have thought its the bottom 2 wires ( brown and black)

Good idea.聽 I don't know which wires it is though, and wouldn't really like to just guess.

The alternative would be to plug the new loom in between the door pillar and window motor.聽 Just let it hang in front of the panel for now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Good idea.聽 I don't know which wires it is though, and wouldn't really like to just guess.

The alternative would be to plug the new loom in between the door pillar and window motor.聽 Just let it hang in front of the panel for now.

that is the best idea using my new wire, many thanks again tom 馃檪

• Like 1

ok so i plugged ecerything in for the window, didnt work so i inspected the plug and found out that the 2nd slot didnt have any pins in it.

have took pictures:

20240511_141104.jpg

20240511_141109.jpg

20240511_141112.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club