Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driver Electric Window and Mirrors not working - Any advice?

Newbie2411

Hi,

Car not been used for about 4 weeks, just tried the windows and the drivers side wont open (passenger side is fine), further checking the electric mirrors also not working?

Searched a couple of posts here but cants seem to see a positive solution (at least in the posts anyway), does anyone have a fix for this type of issue?

Thanks 

Probably damp and corrosion in the door plug(s).

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Probably damp and corrosion in the door plug(s).

Any easy solution?

31 minutes ago, Newbie2411 said:

Any easy solution?

Easiest solution is just to wait and hope it dries out with use.

You can also try disconnecting the battery for half an hour to reboot all the modules in case it's just an electronic glitch.  (Will need the radio code if late Mk6.  2008 is changeover year.)

But ultimately I think you'll need to disconnect the door loom plug to check for corrosion or breakages.  Can also test for power there if you're handy with a multimeter.  Otherwise you can either pay an auto-electrician to diagnose.  Or just chuck a replacement switch panel in if you don't have the means to diagnose.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Easiest solution is just to wait and hope it dries out with use.

You can also try disconnecting the battery for half an hour to reboot all the modules in case it's just an electronic glitch.  (Will need the radio code if late Mk6.  2008 is changeover year.)

But ultimately I think you'll need to disconnect the door loom plug to check for corrosion or breakages.  Can also test for power there if you're handy with a multimeter.  Otherwise you can either pay an auto-electrician to diagnose.  Or just chuck a replacement switch panel in if you don't have the means to diagnose.

Cheers for the info, I've had the switch out and all looks ok, no damage or corrosion and the to plugs (which i presume are the door loom you are referring too) are all good.  I will pick up a multimeter over the weekend and check for power.  I take it the window switch is connected to the electric mirrors as they have stopped also.

Only bought the car 6 months a go for my daughter and since we go it the driver wing mirror never folded in when locking (only the passenger), not sure if there is a link also with this?

Cheers again, as bit of an armature when it comes to cars 🙂

That's a good start.  :smile:

The other plug that suffers is the main one between the door and the car.  The wires break eventually as they bend every time the door gets opened & closed.

The mirror wiring does go through the same loom so I'm still suspecting an issue around that door somewhere.

Do you know if it's a Mk6 or Mk7 as that may help us moving forward?

Its a 59 plate, same body shape as this pic, presume Mk 7?

Ford Fiesta Mk. 7 (2008-2012) Specification Guide & Review

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newbie2411 said:

Its a 59 plate, same body shape as this pic, presume Mk 7?

If your car is a '59' plate then it is at least a 2009 model, it could even be a 2010. It certainly will be a Fiesta Mk7 here in the UK.

2009.JPG

• Like 1

Yes, as Unofix says that's definitely a Mk7.  Worth changing the year on your profile to avoid future confusion unless you also own a 2008 model.

The main door harness plug on those is a large rectangular one on the A pillar.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club