Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heat shield /mesh

Jo100001

I can hear a noise and when I’ve looked under I can see a silver mesh thing hanging down 

I’ve googled and I think it’s the heat shield , it’s just back from middle of the car , think cat converter area 

I’ve looked for a new part but can’t see one to purchase 

my car is a 66 plate black edition fiesta 3 door hatch 

Any  help please 

It's a common problem on all vehicles. The heatshield is only made of aluminum foil and the fixings just cause the hole in the aluminum to corrode away.

Usually you can save the day by just fitting some very large 'repair washers' which will cover the hole.

https://www.diy.com/departments/forgefix-10repwash1240-flat-repair-washers-zp-m12-x-40mm-bag-10-forrwash124m/5028485064657_BQ.prd

washer.JPG

• Like 1

It looks bit  battered unfortunately so might need replacement fitted 

thank you 

Can anyone help , I can’t find a replacement 

You should be able to bend the shield back in to shape and then use some sort of repair washer to hold it. I just used some 4 pint milk bottle tops, drilled a 2.5mm hole in the middle and pushed them on to the mounting screw/lug on my friends MK7 learner car. (same as the centre part in Tom's link above).

Pic from my Mondeo. Bottle top can be pushed on the other way to get a tighter fit ageist the heatshield if that lug is long enough (or top is shallower)

20221101_113141_Photos.thumb.jpg.24b145ec5cff20570785e1b5d5d21705.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

When I put my car reg in for those parts says not compatible 

10 minutes ago, Jo100001 said:

When I put my car reg in for those parts says not compatible 

Which engine is it?  I thought Mk7.5 Fiesta Black Editions were all Zetec S/ST Line with the 140ps 1.0 EcoBoost?

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Which engine is it?  I thought Mk7.5 Fiesta Black Editions were all Zetec S/ST Line with the 140ps 1.0 EcoBoost?

It’s a zetec eco boost 138 bhp 1.0 

s line 

IMG_2024.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jo100001 said:

It’s a zetec eco boost 138 bhp 1.0 

s line 

IMG_2024.png

Yeah, that is the one I was thinking of.  Those part numbers should be correct, I've just double checked them.

Only thing I can really suggest now is contacting a Ford parts desk to confirm.

• Thanks 1

Those fitment things on eBay are a guide. Message the seller and they will confirm.

Don't forget, you will probably have to drop the exhaust to fit it.

• Thanks 1

Just a thought, going back to the original question, the heatshields arn't mesh and 'just back from the middle of the car' isn't in the 'cat converter area'.

What is covered in mesh and in the cat converter area is the dreaded flexi that often fails. Just replaced mine.

Maybe a photo of the problem would help identification of the issue and enable more ideas for a fix.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RayC333 said:

Just a thought, going back to the original question, the heatshields arn't mesh and 'just back from the middle of the car' isn't in the 'cat converter area'.

What is covered in mesh and in the cat converter area is the dreaded flexi that often fails. Just replaced mine.

Maybe a photo of the problem would help identification of the issue and enable more ideas for a fix.

I’ll see if I can get one 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club