Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric systems failing

MrPickle

Hi there,

I have a 2023 Ford Focus ST line vignale with Sync 4. 

I have started the car up today and I am receiving all these messages. It appears literally all the electronic assistance systems are down and no working. 

I can’t book in as it’s a bank holiday. Do we have any tech whizzes in here that might be able to assist? Have reset the battery to no avail. 

many thanks in advance! 

IMG_6355.png

IMG_6352.png

IMG_6354.png

• Sad 1

Use a multimeter and measure the battery State Of Charge about one hour after parking. I expect you will find it less than 60%

Use a smart charger and recharge the battery for at least 12 hours (even if the charge is showing full). Remeber to connect the negative lead to the car chassis and NOT to the battery negative terminal. Lastly do not reset the BMS unless you have fitted a brand new battery.

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

Use a multimeter and measure the Battery State Of Charge about one hour after parking. I expect you will find it less than 60%

Use a smart charger and recharge the battery for at least 12 hours (even if the charge is showing full). Remeber to connect the negative lead to the car chassis and NOT to the battery negative terminal. Lastly do not reset the BMS unless you have fitted a brand new battery.

Hi there, 

Thanks for the advice. I am not a car person by any stretch of the imagination - do I need to remove the entire battery to charge it?

Thanks

• Like 1

No. The battery should remain in the car and fully connected. Do not disconnect the battery.

Use a Smart battery charger like the Maypole

Connect the positive lead direct to the battery positive terminal. Connect the negative lead to a chassis earth point, not the battery.

Charge for at least 12 hours, even if the charger is indicating fully charged. It is not possible to over charge the battery with a Smart charger.

Maypole.JPG

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

No. The battery should remain in the car and fully connected. Do not disconnect the battery.

Use a Smart battery charger like the Maypole

Connect the positive lead direct to the battery positive terminal. Connect the negative lead to a chassis earth point, not the battery.

Charge for at least 12 hours, even if the charger is indicating fully charged. It is not possible to over charge the battery with a Smart charger.

Maypole.JPG

Hey, thats so helpful thanks so much! 

In terms of a chassis earth point, can you spot one in this pic? If not can I send a full pic of under the bonnet? 

image.thumb.png.3c73d7ae0ef6e508f4fbbbf6467c1c0a.pngI

• Sad 1

It's not on your photo. It is nearer the front, towards the headlight

no.JPG

This is my car:-

DSC_0655.JPG

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

This is my car:-

DSC_0655.JPG

Hey! Thanks - a couple pics of mine attached, I can’t spot anything in similar location to yours but could it be this one by the washer fluid on the left? 

IMG_6367.jpeg

IMG_6366.jpeg

IMG_6368.jpeg

Oh the things that Ford get up to so they can save a few pence 🙄

You can connect to the negative cable as it joins to the car bodywork.

negative.JPG

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, unofix said:

negative.JPG

haha I was wondering why they are all so different! 

in that case I read that as being here on my car…

IMG_6368.jpeg

17 hours ago, unofix said:

Use a multimeter and measure the Battery State Of Charge about one hour after parking. I expect you will find it less than 60%

So an update - 12.3 is what it currently sits at. Regardless, it’s plugged in charging now to see if we have a difference or not 

On 5/26/2024 at 7:53 PM, unofix said:

negative.JPG

Hey, thanks for all your help. Quick update:

battery was fine - 12.4v+ 

Couldn't get in to the ford garage for a few weeks. Auto electrician came out, error code with the ABS system. Was checked and is all completely fine so could have been something blocking one of the other sensors that triggered it all off. ABS system reset and all is fixed! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club