Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Everything Bluetooth

freeman3030

I've got my phone connected via bluetooth in my Fiesta Titanium and I have all my music on a USB stick. My phone also has google maps navigation which I use as my satnav.

The problem is though; the only way I can get the voice commands on google navigation is by connecting it by 3.5mm jack which means I can't listen to music on my journeys.

If I leave the phone in the cradle with no leads connected, the voice commands stop all together, they don't even come through the loudspeaker on the phone... so I have to break the connection by turning the phone's bluetooth off which then means I can't use the phone to make/recieve calls.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

&

Is there any way of streaming the satnav voice commands by bluetooth?

Cheers

This problem has 2 sides.

1) the caraudio can't use 2 different audio sources over bluetooth. (so no BT-phone AND BT-navigation at the same time over the BT connection)

2) some cell phones (mostly Nokia) don't have the feature to let the voiceguidance navigation come thru the phones Speakers (coz this would solve the problem a bit : usb or aux-music over the car audio AND voice guidance over the phones Speakers AND BT-phone)

See also : http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/No-Voice-Guidance-under-Bluetooth/m-p/754441/highlight/false

I guess Google navigation will give the same problems on our Ford car audio BT-systems (wich are Nokia-sets)

I've got a HTC Desire & the reason I don't play music through 3.5mm jack is because then I don't have control over the music (skipping tracks, changing playlists etc.) I have just tried playing music that way, but as soon as the satnav gives a voice command the music stops so I can head the command, but it doesn't resume playing the music. Its very frustrating!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club