Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Induction Kit Mk7

Chinn

Ive had the kit ages now and still puts a smile on my face, the extra power is evident after 3200rpm there is a noticble bump in the power where the car starts making the most of the J1 by asking for more air. The quality of the kit is second to none ive seen really and In my opinion solves all the problems of the standard kit and the other alternatives. Air isnt slowed down by the up down up down atandard air feed, No heak soak, large enclosed airbox when bonnet is down and a large cone filter to maximise air intake(more surface area than a panel).

Im sure it is a bit cheaper direct from J1's site. Ive you do buy, drop him an email or a note saying you saw it from me :D

Jay

I might ask a stupid question, but could you please tell me what exactly I would have to buy in order to reach this "power" level, same as you have?

Any web store where I could buy this?

Is the J1 one same as the one from Pumaspeed?

Thank you Jay!

Hi Tato I had the car first rolling roaded(to get a power figure) once I got my Milltek/Mountune Cat-Back exhaust the car also had a K&N Panel filter and the car ran about 126bhp(Without the Panel filter It ran 124bhp) I then tested the j1 induction kit with the head of J1 automotive as they hadnt tried the kit on a mk7. We can the car on the same dyno and again before the j1 kit it made 126bhp. With the J1 kit it made 129.9bhp(3bhp over K&N and 5bhp over standard)

I then got into talks with Superchips. A company that remaps cars and also has a handheld device that allows swapping between standard and remapped modes in a few mins. The car was ran on thier rolling road(not the one its been on before) and it ran 137.8bhp. It didnt feel like that, I could feel that the remap had improved torque lower down but with lots of back to back testing I couldnt feel much difference. I had it back on my own rolling road and it ran about 132bhp max. I have told this to the superchips guys and they will be working on a new map for me soon as well as raising the rev limit to around 7000rpm as the car is still making power until the redline.

Currently I have put the standard map back on and its running around 130bhp.

here is a video of the exhaust and J1 kit what they sound like- excuse the camera work it was hanging from my hand I was concentrating on the sound lol

th_184149.jpg

Hi Tato I had the car first rolling roaded(to get a power figure) once I got my Milltek/Mountune Cat-Back exhaust the car also had a K&N Panel filter and the car ran about 126bhp(Without the Panel filter It ran 124bhp) I then tested the j1 induction kit with the head of J1 automotive as they hadnt tried the kit on a mk7. We can the car on the same dyno and again before the j1 kit it made 126bhp. With the J1 kit it made 129.9bhp(3bhp over K&N and 5bhp over standard)

I then got into talks with Superchips. A company that remaps cars and also has a handheld device that allows swapping between standard and remapped modes in a few mins. The car was ran on thier rolling road(not the one its been on before) and it ran 137.8bhp. It didnt feel like that, I could feel that the remap had improved torque lower down but with lots of back to back testing I couldnt feel much difference. I had it back on my own rolling road and it ran about 132bhp max. I have told this to the superchips guys and they will be working on a new map for me soon as well as raising the rev limit to around 7000rpm as the car is still making power until the redline.

Currently I have put the standard map back on and its running around 130bhp.

Thanks Jason for the explanation. I will check it out...

Good luck with the future projects!

It's things like this that make me wish i'd got the petrol :angry:

But you know with economy and all that.

It's things like this that make me wish i'd got the petrol :angry:

But you know with economy and all that.

Well...petrol price is only going up so... :D

I just bought from J1 directly. Out of stock til next week but it's cheaper then pumaspeed.

Will post results next week...

I just bought from J1 directly. Out of stock til next week but it's cheaper then pumaspeed.

Will post results next week...

What's the web page of J1?

www.j1automotive.co.uk

Tha pics of the 1.6 fiesta intake are my engine bay :) and the dyno graph etc in the tech specs of the kit are mine too :)

Heres J1's press release about it.

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-fiesta-mark-7-air-intake-kit-improves-1-6-litre-engine-power-by-5-bhp-1289826517.html

Jay

www.j1automotive.co.uk

Tha pics of the 1.6 fiesta intake are my engine bay :) and the dyno graph etc in the tech specs of the kit are mine too :)

Heres J1's press release about it.

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-fiesta-mark-7-air-intake-kit-improves-1-6-litre-engine-power-by-5-bhp-1289826517.html

Jay

Thanks!

This one right? http://www.j1automotiveshop.co.uk/product/Fiesta_Mk7_Air_Intake_Kit_%281.6_Litre%29_20-20141-05

Yeah that's the one. Emailed J1 and they said they should have stock in mid next week. Delivery by the end of the week hopefully.

Cool. Anyway the price is relative close to the one in pumaspeed.

Cool. Anyway the price is relative close to the one in pumaspeed.

Ahh sh*te! I see pumaspeed have there one on sale! which actually works out cheaper when you include postage. bugger! ha!

• 2 weeks later...

Just fitted mine now. Sounds terrific!! Didn't notice much difference though...but then again I literally just went to the end of the road and back.

Really happy with it!

Well had it for a few days now...still keeping a smile on my face :)

2 things I have noticed so far...

Before I fitted this, the car always felt dead after about 5000-5500rpm. Now it carries on all the way!! :)

And the car seems to rev a lot smoother now.

Won't comment on any power increases because I won't be getting it dyno'd. There are graphs further back that prove the increases.

Heres the MD's Write up on his site about the day. If anyone wants to have a good look at my car ive got a project thread on ZSOC.

Thanks

November 15, 2010 -- Last week 'j1 automotive' tested a new Fiesta Mk7 1.6-litre on a chassis Dynamometer, with the aim to evaluate the improvements associated with the installation of their high quality, high performance air intake kit which replaces the standard air cleaner and ducting. Running the car on the chassis dyno before and after the j1 intake kit was installed, highlighted gains in Torque and Power, as well as providing improvements in the intake noise.

Tested at ‘RS Tuning’ in Leeds, Jason Tierney’s Fiesta Ti-VcT, which looked glorious in white, and which had already seen power gains with the fitment of a Milltek exhaust, went though the test cycle to see an fantastic 5bhp gain; “…tested it on the rollers and it was impressive, sounds great on full throttle and growls” commented Jason. What’s more, we also saw a 3bhp gain over the standard K&N Panel Filter.

Installation of the kit proved to be simple and quick, with the removal of the standard air box, intake and clean duct, and the fitment of the j1 kit with MAF in little more than 5 minutes. The quality of the kit was evident, with the powder coated aluminium frame, silicon hose and cotton / mesh filter fitting easily within the engine bay.

“Great kit Tony, and j1 automotive have designed a kit that is 3bhp better than the ‘daddy’s’ K&N, and over 5bhp better than standard”.

What do you think this puts the 0-60 time to?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club