Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Issue And Fuel Economy Has Nose Dived

Gillies

Hello everyone, I bought my 1.8 Focus TDCI 115 (53plate) 5 months ago and the first 2 months were great no problems at all. However (and here is my problem) one morning when I went to start the car it started up but then immediately died, tried it again and it started fine didn't think anything of it.

As time passed the situation got worse with the car taking 3-5 attempts to start, my initial reaction was the glow plugs so a new set was fitted yet the problem still happened. After 7 trips to my local garage (not a ford garage) the mechanic has told me he's tested everything he can think of, there are no error codes, and nothing has fixed the problem. The car has had new glow plugs, filters, and some sensors. To get the car going now I have to catch the revs as soon as I start it and keep them at 1-1.1k (which sounds lumpy as hell and there's ALOT of white smoke, a hell of alot) untill it smooths out and then the car is fine.

The problem only happens for the first initial start of the day and the car is fine for the rest of it. I also worked out my MPG today and it is only 33mpg, it was 43 before the problem started and I am not driving any differently and should be easily 40-50.

If anybody has any further ideas as to what I can do to fix the problem I would be very greatful for your advice.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club