Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Thoughts?

Nico.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Day-Time-Running-Light-Switch-Automatic-DRL-Lamp-/230554668961?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ae210fa1#ht_1953wt_1141

i got DRL's already but feeding off the sidelights... a set of the led's have gone so i getting some new ones on the way and really would like to keep them on tbh.... saw this and it would;

1) get rid of the alternate flashing

2) make it appear and work smarter (i think they look abit daft when the dipped lights come on)

just wondering whats peoples thoughts on it???

thanks

i dont like drl on anything but audis tbh, even then i would prefer em without.

disagree.. done right they look stunning, i dont like these random boxes in the grill though

+1

I have similar DRL's Nico and i love them. Im thinking about making a simple guide on DRL about how to wire them correctly and legally. if you are interested reply and i will create a new topic with it.

Regards

Anthony

i already have them on thats not an issue

Picture1-4.jpg

(before my DMB's came :) )

what it is is a few of the led's have gone i had them on so long, so what i askin is that switch i linked to... is it worth getting that? currently they work off the sidelights, which means turning them on all the time i want the running lights on...

i just think if i could get a direct feed from the battery it would be easier and smarter than having lights on all round the car

• Like 1

i just think if i could get a direct feed from the battery it would be easier and smarter than having lights on all round the car

thats a good point Nico. Could we see another photo from different angle and perhaps when its a little bit darker?

Have you seen the new galaxy titanium.. they look sweet on that!

i already have them on thats not an issue

Picture1-4.jpg

(before my DMB's came :) )

what it is is a few of the led's have gone i had them on so long, so what i askin is that switch i linked to... is it worth getting that? currently they work off the sidelights, which means turning them on all the time i want the running lights on...

Why not just connect them to the ignition?!

Seen the new galaxy but not with drl's. I just think they are a bit pointless, and as well done as they may be added to the above car they still look stuck on.

i think they look the sheeet... and i wasn't sure how to so didn't want to connect to ignition, wasn't worth messing it up guessin

The law states any Daytime running lights need to only be illuminted when your dipped beam is not illuminated hence you need to use a relay to connect them and wire them in correctly.

Ant

yeah thats why i was interested in that... having said that i drove past thousand of police cars at night and had no trouble... and there a few cars with them on at night too

• 1 month later...

Not to sure about that law saying they must be off when dipped bean is on.

I also have an Insignia with the adaptive forward lighting, which has DRL's.

In the daytime the LEDS's are very bright, at night when the dipped beam come on they go dimmer and are not as offputting to other road users, this also applies to audis and all other cars except the new Citroen DS3 where they go off completely at night, which is a bit naff, but its a mess of a car anyway.

As for aftermarket DRL's i think they look 99% tacky, as there are far too many LED's in the strips you buy off eBay etc. My insignia for eg has 5 or 6 large LEDS. Audi have a few more but they look good.

As for 30 tiny LEDS put very closely together and not being integrated into the headlight design, ime not a great fan of them, although i would like the fiesta to have maybe a new design headlight in years to come with DRL's.

But i admire your hard work mate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club