Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glow Lamp Stays On Too Long

liverpaul

Hi everyone this is my first post so take it easy on me :lol:

Just purchased a 56 1.8 Sport TDCI, I´ve noticed when I first start when the engine is cold the glow lamp seems to stay on for approx 15/20 seconds,when its warm it sometimes doesnt come on at all is this normal?

Owned a focus mk1 and never had this problem with it

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Hi everyone this is my first post so take it easy on me :lol:

Just purchased a 56 1.8 Sport TDCI, I´ve noticed when I first start when the engine is cold the glow lamp seems to stay on for approx 15/20 seconds,when its warm it sometimes doesnt come on at all is this normal?

Owned a focus mk1 and never had this problem with it

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

i think the temperature sensor, sends a signal to the engine management module of the temperature sensed at the engine block and determines the length of time that the glow plugs pre heat. i would expect them to stay on for a few seconds but 15/20 seconds does seem a long time. when your engine or the weather is warm i would think its normal to have a short pre heat or none at all. i dont know of a test you could do to test your temp sensor but is your battery properly charged as i would think that a weak battery could cause the delay in pre heating the glow plugs. hopefully someone else could add to my theories.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same problem. Is it the same as shown in this video?

If so, the problem is probably caused by a blown fuse in the fusebox underneath the glove compartment. I can't remember which one, but I think it's on one of the bottom 3 rows of the fusebox. Get some new fuses and swap them one by one, starting your ignition each time until you find the one that's blown.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club