Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Size Of Boot

scooby239

hi im a newbie with a problem ,im a KA owner looking to get a bigger car soon ,the main reason is ive got two labrobors and the ka just isnt very good at taking both to the vet,ive been looking at the fusion and have been very impressed by the spec you can get for your money ,but is the boot big enough to account for two labs , and also which model is the better ,petrol 1.4 - 1.6 or deisel 1.4 - 1.6 , thank you in advance for any help i recieve .

Welcome... I have 2 labradoodles and a fusion 1.4TDCi

Both dogs ride in the passenger compartment with doggy seat belts!

The boot is large enough i should think for two at a squeeze but then they would be loose ?

Take an old blanket down your local second hand car sales shop and see what they say ?

The 1.4 TDCI is ok gets good MPG cheap Road fund Tax Its no tyre screamer.

I've had my 1.4 tdci for just over a year, and here is my opinion;

The fusion was a great idea but imho was very poorly implemented, I've got mine solely because it returns 50+ mpg, costs £35 to tax and when it goes wrong it does'nt cost a lot to fix.

Boot size takes me back to the poorly implemented comment, it's basically a tall fiesta with no inventive, innovative or useful tricks unlike most other small mpv's (sliding seats etc). The only thing i can say is that the boot does have excellent access, as for the engine size many moan about the 1.4, yes the 1.6 would be much better, but the 1.4 is good on motorways and capable of overtaking on A and B roads if driven properly, by the way mpg reaches 60+ on a long steady run.

Had Ford thought about things they'd have made it a few more inches longer, wider and taller, started with a 1.5 tdci, fitted better stiffer springs (for load carrying) and offered a 4x4 version they'd have got a winner, as it is it's ok for a family of 4, but don't take too many suitcases, as for 2 Lab's, only if they are puppies.

ps.Ford must've realized it messed up when it came up with the bigger Focus, the C-Max, compare the c-max to the focus and then do the same for the Fiesta & Fusion, so much for R&D ?.

I've had my 1.4 tdci for just over a year, and here is my opinion;

The fusion was a great idea but imho was very poorly implemented, I've got mine solely because it returns 50+ mpg, costs £35 to tax and when it goes wrong it does'nt cost a lot to fix.

Boot size takes me back to the poorly implemented comment, it's basically a tall fiesta with no inventive, innovative or useful tricks unlike most other small mpv's (sliding seats etc). The only thing i can say is that the boot does have excellent access, as for the engine size many moan about the 1.4, yes the 1.6 would be much better, but the 1.4 is good on motorways and capable of overtaking on A and B roads if driven properly, by the way mpg reaches 60+ on a long steady run.

Had Ford thought about things they'd have made it a few more inches longer, wider and taller, started with a 1.5 tdci, fitted better stiffer springs (for load carrying) and offered a 4x4 version they'd have got a winner, as it is it's ok for a family of 4, but don't take too many suitcases, as for 2 Lab's, only if they are puppies.

ps.Ford must've realized it messed up when it came up with the bigger Focus, the C-Max, compare the c-max to the focus and then do the same for the Fiesta & Fusion, so much for R&D ?.

Thank you skyman and daveG for your help and replies ,ive been looking at the 1.6 td trying to get an 07 plate at a desent price ,like i said before you cant really knock the spec of the car but i dont think ive read a good right up on the car ,of any motorin mag or car programme ,but reading on here has helped ,once again thank you ,i think im going to take the plunge ..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club