Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 New Shape Ford Focus Botch Up

Scorpio1977

Took delivery of the all new Ford Focus 1.6tdci Zetec on the 29th of March.

One and a half weeks & 700 miles later the F****R decided to stop dead on the M60 today, no power steering, intrument panel going bonkers, electric mirrors folded in.....NO ENGINE!!!!!!

After wrestling with it to get over to the hard shoulder (and out of immediate danger) I called the RAC out who said that two of the ECU's had stopped communicating.

NOT A VERY GOOD START FORD, wouldn't you agree???

If this is the start of things to come then Ford can have it back now.

One and a half weeks & 700 miles later the F****R decided to stop dead on the M60 today, no power steering, intrument panel going bonkers, electric mirrors folded in.....NO ENGINE!!!!!!

After wrestling with it to get over to the hard shoulder (and out of immediate danger) I called the RAC out who said that two of the ECU's had stopped communicating.

The main thing is your ok.

Unfortunately with any product faults occur. Its terrible whats happened. But the main thing is how ford deal with it!

Hopefully everything gets sorted quickly and professionally for you

Rob

:-O God thats terrible, I'd be so dissapointed. Let us know what Ford say....

(and isn't the new focus called the 2012, or is that just in the US?) :-s

:-O God thats terrible, I'd be so dissapointed. Let us know what Ford say....

(and isn't the new focus called the 2012, or is that just in the US?) :-s

In the order form it says 2011 new shape - so I dunno, although, if it does the same trick to me again - Ford are so going to wish it was their 2020 edition.

The main thing is your ok.

Unfortunately with any product faults occur. Its terrible whats happened. But the main thing is how ford deal with it!

Hopefully everything gets sorted quickly and professionally for you

Rob

I'm the first to agree with you rob, everything has "teething" troubles but, one and a half weeks from picking it up?? and to completely stop dead on what was quite a busy M60 on a Sunday afternoon????? - Just imagine if that happened in rush hour...... I wonder if Ford would be prepared to pay Funeral expenses???

Just a thought.

I did actually speak to somebody at the dealership this afternoon and they said to take it in and let them have a look - A LOOK???? As its a motability car for my partner, I wonder how/where I'd stand on a replacement, if it has happened once, then I'm sure it'll do it again.

Scorp

I'm the first to agree with you rob, everything has "teething" troubles but, one and a half weeks from picking it up?? and to completely stop dead on what was quite a busy M60 on a Sunday afternoon????? - Just imagine if that happened in rush hour...... I wonder if Ford would be prepared to pay Funeral expenses???

Just a thought.

I did actually speak to somebody at the dealership this afternoon and they said to take it in and let them have a look - A LOOK???? As its a motability car for my partner, I wonder how/where I'd stand on a replacement, if it has happened once, then I'm sure it'll do it again.

Scorp

When you say stop dead, did the brakes litterally slam it to a halt, or was it just an everything died, but still rolling?

I hope it gets sorted soon! I would have thought that anyone taking out a car on motability would have been given a bit more care and attention, due to the nature of the motability scheme!

As the new Focus has been out in the States for a while, you would have thought any teething issues should have been sorted. This must be very dissappointing for you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club