Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bit Of A Rough Sound When Accelerating

MartynS

I don't know how long this has been the case for, but recently I've started wondering if my engine sounds a little bit rough when accelerating at a medium sort of rate from around 2-4k rpm. It doesn't seem to be present when accelerating hard, and is more emphasised with the air con (due to the extra load I guess).

It may just be how the engine sounds and I'm getting paranoid over nothing, or there could be something not quite right. I recorded a couple of videos on my phone earlier for the sound, but listening back to them they're quite low quality and the ambient noise drowns out most of the detail. If I can get a decent clip out of them I'll upload it here, but in the meantime has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Hi

I know this isnt really on topic

But from experiance these engines get rattley as the miles add on.

especially at idle when you can hear the cams and valves tapping.

How many miles has it done.

Is the oil up to the max mark.

Does the noise occur when moving or when stationary.

Jamie

Mine is brand new and it sounds like a bag of spanners, I've never owned a modern Ford so I assume they are supposed to be like that :blink:

I don't know how long this has been the case for, but recently I've started wondering if my engine sounds a little bit rough when accelerating at a medium sort of rate from around 2-4k rpm. It doesn't seem to be present when accelerating hard, and is more emphasised with the air con (due to the extra load I guess).

It may just be how the engine sounds and I'm getting paranoid over nothing, or there could be something not quite right. I recorded a couple of videos on my phone earlier for the sound, but listening back to them they're quite low quality and the ambient noise drowns out most of the detail. If I can get a decent clip out of them I'll upload it here, but in the meantime has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Hahaha put some music on and ignore it :D

Hi there. Wouldn't worry too much about it. Have the same on my 2010 1.6tdci titanium. Didn't happen on my 2009 but i've heard its a different engine (fiat?) It does rattle like hell, especially when cold and around the revs you say. Typical Ford, I guess.

cool, that puts my mind at rest :P. The fact that the car feels no different and sounds good when not accelerating or accelerating hard must mean it's ok! And to answer the earlier questions it's recently just passed the 5000 mile mark, and all fluid levels are perfectly in between min and max (apart from petrol which I have to keep topping up :lol:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club