Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Different Take On Sunglasses Holder ?

ybmug

Hi guys

New to the forum so I hope this hasn't already been covered (although I've had a good search first) - I know about the Mondeo sunglasses mod but I had a different idea which I hope someone will be able to shed some light on. Previous to my new Fiesta 1.6 Titanium I had a 2005 Focus Ghia which had a sunglassses holder where you'd expect to see a drivers-side grab handle.

Now my question is to those who've removed their Fiesta headlining: are there captive nuts behind the headlining where a drivers side grab-handle would be fitted? There are certainly some suspicious looking indentations on the headlining and I'm not quite brave enough to try peeling it off on my new car (yet!).

If there are captive nuts then maybe, just maybe, a focus ghia sunglasses holder might fit...

What do people think?

Andy

Hi guys

New to the forum so I hope this hasn't already been covered (although I've had a good search first) - I know about the Mondeo sunglasses mod but I had a different idea which I hope someone will be able to shed some light on. Previous to my new Fiesta 1.6 Titanium I had a 2005 Focus Ghia which had a sunglassses holder where you'd expect to see a drivers-side grab handle.

Now my question is to those who've removed their Fiesta headlining: are there captive nuts behind the headlining where a drivers side grab-handle would be fitted? There are certainly some suspicious looking indentations on the headlining and I'm not quite brave enough to try peeling it off on my new car (yet!).

If there are captive nuts then maybe, just maybe, a focus ghia sunglasses holder might fit...

What do people think?

Andy

Advise you not to try it, have brought and tried the conversion myself and the fittings are all different!

Advise you not to try it, have brought and tried the conversion myself and the fittings are all different!

Oh well, it was a good idea while it lasted ;-)

Thanks!

Andy

Ive got one in my Focus, but as modern wrap around sunglasses dont fit in it, it is of no use whatsover to me.

The SportKA has a little net near the interior light, which is far more practical as it holds any type of glasses.

Take a look at This

Yeah, thanks Lez, I did see that beforehand. A great mod but I don't want to cut my headlining!

Andy

Yeah, thanks Lez, I did see that beforehand. A great mod but I don't want to cut my headlining!

Andy

You could pay somebody to do it (tuning garage or something)...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club