Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Long Did You Wait?

Motocrossmad

Just a quick post to see how long people have waited for there new car to be ready,

i purchased my new fiesta zetec s on the 20/5/11 and was told it would be ready for latest 07/7/11 as it was a factory build, now i am being told the garage still hasent received the chassis number from ford and a build date hasnt been confirmed yet.

The garage has now said it will be atleast 13/8/11 before i get it, and thats the best outcome.

Is this normal to wait nearly 3 months for a car? just seems like i will be getting car and new plates will be out a couple of weeks later. dont really want to wait for the new style plate if i dont need to as im being posted to falklands in october until after xmas, would really rather use it a bit before i go.

mabye im just being a bit inpatient, just cant stand wating....

The Qashqi line at nissan's sunderland plant is running at 100.36% efficiency and its taking 6 to 9 months for delivery, parts from japan are whats slowing everything down for all car makers.

Ford sent a red top sayin things in Japan should not slow production down for them. The only things that we was told will struggle with is Hot Magenta on the Fiesta and Candy Red on the Focus.

is that on all Fiestas, or certain series?

sorry meant to say in the hot magenta?

ive ordered a frozen white one. i was told when i ordered the car that it was on the waiting list already, so thats why they gave me the first delivery date. i then purchased ford fair tickets and camping tickets for the event and now cant go.

Im not exactly angry with ford, i know delays happen, not the poor womans fault in the dealers so not going to have a go at her.Its just that im a bit impatient, have spent so long away and spent all my tour money on a car that i wont get until a few weeks before i leave again haha. i swear its like im waiting for xmas and im a kid again

He he I cheated and found my car to my spec in dealer stock, just delivered a few days earlier from Germany, time from order to delivery - 5 days....

I waited the longest 10 days of my life.... but it was already built and in the country ;)

Yeh they kept trying to fob me off with lower spec'd cars than i wanted as they were in stock. Its my first new car so was sticking to my guns and wanted the spec i asked for, I know i would end up regretting not waiting if i took a car that was in stock. I wish so badly they had a car my spec around.

Hopefully the weather stays good this weekend and i can go out and play on the bike for a bit, take my mind off cars for a while

Mine took 2 days short of 2 months from order to collection (right through the summer shutdown too), strangely they never tried fobbing me off with any pre-reg. In fact, before deciding on buying new I almost had to hassle them to tell me what was available!

I ordered mine on 7/5/2011, was built on 31/05/2011 and is apparently turning up to the dealer tomorrow (16/06/2011) for pickup between Saturday and Tuesday..

All in all around 7 weeks :) The wait is almost over!! :D

Waited 4 months for mine. Ordered 21st May 2009, picked up from dealer 24th Sept 2009. To be fair I was told the the waiting time would be 12-14 weeks when I ordered. This period also covered the summer shutdown.

Ordered through Dealdrivers who I found to be very helpful & offered the best price for a new car with all the options I wanted at the time, would highly recommend them to anyone buying a new car. See my sig for the options I ordered, not all of these were standard at the time.

I only had to pay a £500 deposit at time of ordering with the final balance paid via bank transfer over the phone at the dealers on picking up the car.

During the 4 month wait I was able to sell a lot of stuff on fleabay which meant I had enough money to pay for it.

And the wait was certainly worth it :D

We put a order in for a Fiesta and the build says more then 12 months.

12 months! That's surely ridiculous.

Did you mean 12 weeks? :unsure:

Or was it for the (allegedly) new ST? As you work for Fords, please spill the beans :)

Ordered 13/08/2008, built 31/10/2008, picked up 27/11/2008.

As for this one, it was in stock in the Belgium compound, built 13/12/2010, picked up 13/01/2011 due to the bad weather delaying it, as it has to go to Liverpool before it comes to the dealer!!

No a customer ordered a 1.6 petrol 5 door titanium in white. With upgraded alloys keyless, interior pack 2 spare wheel and reverse camera. We put order through and it originally said July build then other day it went to build date more than 12 month and yes that's 12 month. We are straight on to ford to find out why. Ford have huge waits on cmax dsl engines and galaxy. We ordered a galaxy auto dsl in Feb due to us Dec time. We have a few galaxys like this same with cmax auto dsl

ordered mine 13/03/10 collected it 21/7/10 4 moths 1 week total,

Ordered mine on the 31.03.2011, got it on the 02.06.2011. Good timing in my opinion.

The car was "born" on the 12.05.2011 :D

Motocross - I see you are in Edinburgh, where did you buy it from? I got my new one 4 March this year, I ordered it around the end of January. It was a factory order, White titanium, 1.6, keyless, body kit and reverse parking sensors. The build date was originally the 11 February which then changed to around 20th or so

(That's my old one in the pic!)

I got it from machargs in partick (glasgow) To be fair the sales girl has been on the phone to me or my parents every couple days with any news on build, they are saying they didnt expect it to take so long either. Just got to hope the build date can be pushed forward a bit.

where abouts are you from Bashful?

Ordered my Focus on 18th March. It was built on 30th March. Was ready for collection 18th April.

2 months wait for mine, 1.6 petrol Titanium with individual pack and keyless entry added.

Update on that Fiesta. Is now due Aug for said they are changing the systems this week as they are about to change onto a new model year for The Fiesta which explains why we can't order brochures at the moment for Fiesta.

When we look for fiestas now a few new things have turned up. You can no longer order an Econetic but you can order a edge Eco or zetec Eco or titanium Eco so seems they arm doing away with the Eco model as stand alone.

Also in 3 door there has appeared a Fiesta metal that has the same 134ps engine from the s1600. We currently do a metal ka. No info has been given on any of these cars to us yet they just been loaded onto the system

Oh and metal can only be in white black and midnight by looks of it with an interior called quilt/lux.

On other models there is a new colour is on called fashionista.

With regards extras they have loaded on dab radios now.

3 choices

Dab radio

Dab radio with BT and usb

Dab Sony radio with BT and usb

Once again no details given just reporting what's new on system

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club