Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This In My Car?

poconnor

Hi,

Focus 05

Could someone help me find out what this is? (picture attached)

It seems its some sort of old car phone connection maybe?

I want to take it out but I'm worried there's going to be a hole left, what is meant to be there instead?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Phil

post-21328-0-35956000-1308385073_thumb.j

Could someone help me find out what this is? (picture attached)

I think it is an old style fitting for a mobile phone, possibly Nokia as they did quite a few of these things in the 90's

Thanks

Didn't think they would put something that old in a 6 year old car?? Especially when the cd player has bluetooth !!

Any idea what what was originally there? Ashtray maybe? As there isn't any room for one anywhere else?

Thanks

Didn't think they would put something that old in a 6 year old car?? Especially when the cd player has bluetooth !!

Any idea what what was originally there? Ashtray maybe? As there isn't any room for one anywhere else?

ashtray normally goes under the stereo unit, drinks holder normally goes where the phone thingy is

For me thats where i Think they got the design wrong for the handbrake. Where the charger is ,is where the handbrake should be and vise versa. When i first drove the Focus and went for the handbrake it felt totally unnatural for it to be way over near the passenger seat.

The charger is where the ashtray tub goes in the Focus and there is a spare slot of similar size there also.

For me thats where i Think they got the design wrong for the handbrake. Where the charger is ,is where the handbrake should be and vise versa. When i first drove the Focus and went for the handbrake it felt totally unnatural for it to be way over near the passenger seat.

I agree with you about the hand brake, it is in the wrong place, I went on holiday to Spain and hired a Ford Focus left hand drive, and the hand brake was perfect.

I think hand brake was not not converted for right hand drive cars.

Re charger I found this image in my Ford Focus 2005/6 brochure under hands free phone systems, as you can see hand brake still a problem

phone.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club