Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dtuk Diesel Tuning Box

Parf

Hi all,

I have a 2.0 TDCi (134 BHP) with a DPF and I have just bought a DTUK tuning box. In the instructions it says not to go above setting 7 ( 0 - F) if you have a DPF. On setting 7 im not noticing any power increases. Has anyone else fitted one of these boxes to a TDCi with a DPF and if so what setting do you have it on and is it causing any problems?

I have raised it to 9 and I have no engine warning light but still there is only a slight increase in power, Id like to go to B or C but not if its going to damage the DPF as they are very expensive to replace.

Thanks

Yeah thats why I dont want to turn it up to much in case it causes damage.

If someone has been running it high with no problems it may be worth doing because at the moment the box on setting 9 isnt worth the money.

Hi,if you're not noticing any differences then the box isn't working so send it back. To my mind all tuning boxes do anyway is shove more fuel/air in, thus the warning not to go too high.

Chris

There is a detailed thread on DTUK boxes on the Kia forums...

If you have changed it to 9 and your still not getting power with 90% "boost" from the box, its potentially a faulty box. Changing to 9A to see what goes, you cant run it long term on this setting, but it will be enough to tell you if between A and F you have a knackered box!

the Cee'd folk who were running this box had no problems and they were running it on a DPF car...

Thanks for the help. Ill put it upto F (if engine management lets me with no lights) and then if there is a noticeable power increase at least I know the box is working.

Do so in stages, dont just go straight to 9F or you could cause problems.

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I have a 2.0 TDCi (134 BHP) with a DPF and I have just bought a DTUK tuning box. In the instructions it says not to go above setting 7 ( 0 - F) if you have a DPF. On setting 7 im not noticing any power increases. Has anyone else fitted one of these boxes to a TDCi with a DPF and if so what setting do you have it on and is it causing any problems?

I have raised it to 9 and I have no engine warning light but still there is only a slight increase in power, Id like to go to B or C but not if its going to damage the DPF as they are very expensive to replace.

Thanks

Hi mate did ur box connect to the common rail or the injectors?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club