Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk5 Engine Transplant....

83watsonm

After getting the car and it being problem after problem im getting pretty sick with it so far its spent 2 weeks off road since having it for 2 weeks..... The 1.25 Zetec engine was going to be replaced at a later date after sourcing and rebuilding a reasonable engine. Well time and money are now running out, having spent £2k for it to just sit there collecting dust i need to get something happening. My mechanic told me he can pretty much put anything in (well i doubt that very much and im not prepared to call his bluff with a 3L V6 24V Cosworth engine and say "Fit that then!!"

So...... Can i get a 1.8L Zetec engine out of a Focus to go straight in?

I know the 1.7 Puma engine is highly desired but funds dont permit for one at the moment. Neither do i have the money for a RS Turbo lump at the moment. And how long will it take to fit the Focus lump. We have about 60 hours to do it and only £300 left for parts??? Any ideas or suggestions for the guys that know?

When I owed my previous mk4 I wanted to fit a Focus 2.0L engine but was told the drive shafts and mounts will need to be changed where as the Puma 1.7L is a lot simpler to fit.

Im holding on at the moment, gonna find out whats happening after a compression test to see what to do. as ideally id rather go with the Puma engine and do it over time and not rush to get it done in a week...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club