Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This & Should It Be Connected?

cressws1

While trying to diagnose my fault with the heated screen (See other thread) I noticed this connector that just seems to be dangling about. What is it? Should it be plugged in? If so where?

Any help much appreciated, See image below.

post-4699-0-82285000-1316175307_thumb.jp

Update.

Noticed it has two plastic screws on the underneath which look like they were once screwed in to the air filter box. So I'm guessing this was some sort of sensor for something optional extra? Would still like to know what though. Maybe it's something for a diesel model and they use the same wiring looms on a petrol? Its bugging me!

Update.

Noticed it has two plastic screws on the underneath which look like they were once screwed in to the air filter box. So I'm guessing this was some sort of sensor for something optional extra? Would still like to know what though. Maybe it's something for a diesel model and they use the same wiring looms on a petrol? Its bugging me!

it should and was connected on my 1.8 mk1 the sensor connects to another wire and clips on at the front side of the airbox if you check the pic ive marked it connecting wire ran down to gearbox somewhere post-8800-0-66227000-1316187444_thumb.jp

Surely someone must know what this mystery device actually does? It can't be too important I've been driving round for 4 years with it disconnected :unsure:

does it have a part number on it anywhere?

from memory its one of those sensors you dont pay attention to unless like yours its not connected but its linked to a few things if i remember it was connected to the main harness that branched off to the maf and to the main loom it will have a purpose just cant tell you waht it is unfortunately

i think i have this on my 2.0 focus mk1, will have alook tomorrow....sure its not a temperature sensor??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club