Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Dome/map Light

Ash88lfc

Hi can any1 help me. I have a focus style 08 plate and want to change the inside light as it is more yellow than clear White. I have seen a few on eBay for few pounds. But they look weird with 12 light bulbs on. They look good but I don't know If this is the one for my car. How do I open the case to check also because I don't have a clue and don't want to wedge a screw driver in it incase I do damage to this. Any help will be greatful.

Many thanks.

Ash.

Hi can any1 help me. I have a focus style 08 plate and want to change the inside light as it is more yellow than clear White. I have seen a few on eBay for few pounds. But they look weird with 12 light bulbs on. They look good but I don't know If this is the one for my car. How do I open the case to check also because I don't have a clue and don't want to wedge a screw driver in it incase I do damage to this. Any help will be greatful.

Many thanks.

Ash.

Hi Ash recommend this one mate Click Here

and to remove the unit get a small flat scredriver,

place it in the fron centre of the light unit up as far as you can between the clear light lens and the dash type frame,

then gently push the handle of the screwdriver towards the windscreen

the unit will fold down on the front then just slide out,

the opposide side to the windscreen side has hinge style pegs so it flaps down and out,

repeat this action for replacing, without the screwdriver obviously :D

i bought and currently use: http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/White-42mm-Festoon-dome-4-LED.html

makes a hell of a change to the interior at night when it illuminates...far better then the yellow bulbs...

i always deal with the website above as he's local to me...but its down to you.

Sorry forgot to say the bulbs look similar to the one I checked for my reg plate bulbs on eBay (like a bullet style) but when I pulled it out to have a look the reg ones look like my front side light style? Do I need to change the connection or anything or am I just looking at this all wrong lol. :s

Sorry forgot to say the bulbs look similar to the one I checked for my reg plate bulbs on ebay (like a bullet style) but when I pulled it out to have a look the reg ones look like my front side light style? Do I need to change the connection or anything or am I just looking at this all wrong lol. :s

Your reg bulbs, front parking bulbs, the 2 bulbs either side of the centre light (centre light is the one that lights when door is opened)

and the lights over the sun visors are all w5w bulbs

however you will need can-bus error free bulbs led w5w for the reg bulbs, the parking bulbs and the interior bulbs,

but for the centre interior bulbs the ones either side of the centre light i recommend these Click Here

for the reg plate lights use these Click Here

for the front parking bulbs and the lights above the sun visors mate use these Click Here

also not sure if you know, but led's are fixed Polarity unlike ordinary bulbs, what this means is they will only work when placed in the socket in one direction of power flow,

So if you put the bulb in and it doesn’t light for you, take it out, turn it around and put it in again, it will, I 100% guarantee it will work this time.B)

Hi Lenny I've just purchased these of eBay. If you can check if these are correct please. Your assurance will be great as we have the same car. eBay item number 300603398400. Will these be ok for my reg plate and interior map/dome light. I only have 1 centre light to inside the dome case. Thanks.

Ash.

Hi Lenny I've just purchased these of eBay. If you can check if these are correct please. Your assurance will be great as we have the same car. eBay item number 300603398400. Will these be ok for my reg plate and interior map/dome light. I only have 1 centre light to inside the dome case. Thanks.

Ash.

Hi Ash,

the bulbs you have purchased will do the interior nicely mate their usualy 6000k which is the type of white light they emmit which is my favourite google ''6000k hid'' for pictures.

although they might be a bit bright for the reg, try them out though they could be ok.

I have the same led’s as you in my map lights and there quality,

I’ve used these in the reg of mine Click Here

but try your purchased ones first mate they could be ok,

thanks for the vote of confidence you’re a Gentleman :D

• 1 year later...

Hi Ash recommend this one mate Click Here

and to remove the unit get a small flat scredriver,

place it in the fron centre of the light unit up as far as you can between the clear light lens and the dash type frame,

then gently push the handle of the screwdriver towards the windscreen

the unit will fold down on the front then just slide out,

the opposide side to the windscreen side has hinge style pegs so it flaps down and out,

repeat this action for replacing, without the screwdriver obviously biggrin.gif

Ive managed to get the light unit out but managed to leave the rear casing bit still held in the hole. !!! (lense and switch come away) now ive got problems with the switch cause its become loose

any ideas how to fix please

ive managed to get the unit back together but light doesn't go off when either I close the doors or start the engine.

!Removed! annoyed with myself aswell

HELP

Yeah defo change them it is really simple !!!

I do it to all my cars it makes the inside look a lot smarter in the dark!!

You can use the same reg lights as interior on some ... Not on my currant focus but on my old one they were the same..

There are loads on eBay, just make sure you get the right length and you will be fine! :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club