Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Smoke!!!

t.howard

i have a fiesta mk6 2006 model its 1.25 zetec. i recently had a burst water pipe on the hose coming from the block .

i replaced it and everything seemed fine but then engine warning light came on and white smoke came from the exhaust.

i think it is the head gasket gone but want to check and if it is how hard to fix???

any help ??

thanks in advance

Certainly sounds like the head gasket has blown , could also be a cracked block. But sounds like head gasket allowing water into top exhust side if blowing white smoke.

Not changed a head gasket on a fiesta , but done twice on 2 Rovers , first time i did it from reading direct from a Haynes manual and took lots of photo's . If you do it yourself you will need a torque wrench and may need some special tools. Second rover had to have the head skimmed , that cost me £70 which was not to bad and the gasket set was £34 and that was 2 years ago .

A gargage will charge you £400 to £500 , but it might be worth getting a second opinion before you set about doing it yourself.

well i have been doing my research on it

and came across some stuff called wondarweld, i've heard good and bad things about it on other car forums

but has anyone used it on fords and does it work??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club