Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Connection

Lloydd Matthews

Hi,

I would like to connect my ipod to my car stereo and also allow me to use the steering controls to change track ect. I have been looking around and have found nothing that will work to what I want.

I have a Ford Focus 2007, but have already changed the stereo to a curvy Sony one, (like the 2008-2011 facelift model). The same stereo I have is like this one;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-2008-Sony-CD-MP3-Player-/160685516748?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item25699a67cc

Please can someone help me,

Many thanks,

Lloydd

Been looking myself and there seems to be nothing out there for the Sony units or the 6000CD (with Aux button, not CDDJ).

Have been eyeing up a few options, but would not include using the stalk controls, but a dedicated controller (on a Parrot MKi92000) or by creating a dash pod for the iPhone to sit in and then somehow wire up a dock to allow me to us the apple remote.

All ideas at the moment.

Been looking myself and there seems to be nothing out there for the Sony units or the 6000CD (with Aux button, not CDDJ).

Have been eyeing up a few options, but would not include using the stalk controls, but a dedicated controller (on a Parrot MKi92000) or by creating a dash pod for the iPhone to sit in and then somehow wire up a dock to allow me to us the apple remote.

All ideas at the moment.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. It is a real pain that they don't do one. I have found this item on eBay, let me know what you think;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150630241201?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Many thanks,

Lloydd

The paragraph in the item description is the issue for me... You may need to get Ford to activate the port...

So basically you can pay near as damn it £50 for a part that may need to be activated by Ford for £70 most likely. So combined cost could be £120. Not keen myself.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club