Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Wont Start

james132

All the symptoms of a flat battery

Was using it as normal thismorning, just went out to take the car out and the battery is completley flat, bearly enough juice in it to turn the engine over.

What could have caused this

No interior lights/radio or anything was left on

No exterior lights left on

Nothing that I can possibly of think of to cause the battery to drain down.

All I have done since I drove the car thismorning is put a new fuse in for the 12v power outlet in the car which had blown.

Could this have caused the battery to die? I removed the glove box to start with before realising I could access the the fuse pannel from underneath and the glove box was a right pig to get back in because of the wires behind it. Could a wire have become trapped and caused the battery to drain?

Any ideas please let me know. Need the car tomorow and the breakdown cover isnt switched over from my previous car yet!

All the symptoms of a flat battery

Was using it as normal thismorning, just went out to take the car out and the battery is completley flat, bearly enough juice in it to turn the engine over.

What could have caused this

No interior lights/radio or anything was left on

No exterior lights left on

Nothing that I can possibly of think of to cause the battery to drain down.

All I have done since I drove the car thismorning is put a new fuse in for the 12v power outlet in the car which had blown.

Could this have caused the battery to die? I removed the glove box to start with before realising I could access the the fuse pannel from underneath and the glove box was a right pig to get back in because of the wires behind it. Could a wire have become trapped and caused the battery to drain?

Any ideas please let me know. Need the car tomorow and the breakdown cover isnt switched over from my previous car yet!

it sounds like the battery has had it they generally last a maximum of 5 years only as the weather has got colder does the battery have to produce more power new battery should fix it its possible a wire got trapped only way to find out is remove the glovebox either way youll need to try and charge the battery or get a new one

Ok.

Going to try jump start it in a bit, I know modern cars can have issues when jump starting.

Is there anything I need to do other than a normal jump start? (Heard some cars you need to turn the side lights on as soon as the enging starts to save the electronics)

I cant seem to remove the battery for the life of me, the gap to fit it through is physically smaller than the battery, bit of a crap dessign...

are you sure the fuse hasnt been taken out purposely because of a fault with the power outlet, id take the fuse back out and get it started and see how it goes!

The fuse was in there but blown, I replaced the fuse but didnt think much of it. But the fuse had obviously blown for a reason. Iv now removed the new fuse to prevent it happening again if this was the case.

I dont know a whole lot about wiring or the wiring systems in the car but at a guess I would say perhaps a relay or something is stuck open causing it to drain the battery?

Anyway with alot of tugging and pulling got the battery out. Gees are they hard to get to compared to older cars!

Going to charge that up over night and give it a go tomorow morning before work!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club