Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cost Of Power Start Button And Xenon Headlights

milla020

Hi Guys,

Apologies if there is already a thread. I have the fiesta metal and was thinking about adding a power start button and i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost to have one fitted? Also can anyone recommend some good xenon headlights?

Thanks.

The power start button cannot be 'properly' retrofitted. Ben on here has made a guide on how to fit one but it requires the key to be in the ignition at stage 2 before pressing the button. So in that sense it takes longer to start the car.

IMO Philips are about the best bulbs you can get before you get up to HID territory......

I'm guessing you bought brand new? If so, why not order it with push button start?

I have a retro-fitted push button however doesn't have full functionality as Nath states.

More just for asthetics really, and if you stall (which isnt't often :P ) you just push the button for a slightly quicker start.

The power start button cannot be 'properly' retrofitted. Ben on here has made a guide on how to fit one but it requires the key to be in the ignition at stage 2 before pressing the button. So in that sense it takes longer to start the car.

I used to have a Honda Civic with a start button and that is how it worked out of the factory. Still a nice feature I think - An the "extra" time it takes compared to a key alone could be measured in milliseconds!

I used to have a Honda Civic with a start button and that is how it worked out of the factory. Still a nice feature I think - An the "extra" time it takes compared to a key alone could be measured in milliseconds!

Yeah my mate also had the same feature on his.

Exactly mate, milliseconds, one hand turning the key whilst the other ready to push the button.

eBay - £4 for H4s + Free 501s thrown in, brilliant colour. (mk5 fiesta though)

As for start button, to retro-fit would be awful. Turning the key then pushing a button. Why bother? Its a novelty button that would ware out over time having to put the key in then turn on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club