Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Pressure Malfunction

Whitters

Good Evening,

I had the fronts pads changed on my MK4 Mondeo today and since then I've had a Tyre Pressure Malfunction. The garage have read the fault codes and it says its auto reset. Is this normal and will it recover once I've done a few miles.

I hate having warning lights lite on the dash as its all seems very expensive to turn the off.

Thanks

Phil

After nearly a week of having a Malfunction showing on the dash I had to do something about it. I've tried deflating and over inflating the tyre to activate the TPMS alarm and then put the tyre pressures back to the correct pressures. i've also tried taking the wheels off to activate the TPMS. All to no avail. In the end I did the manly thing of losing my rag and disconnting the battery for 15 minutes. The only thing went through my mind once it had been disconnected was did I have the radio code. Ooops. Low and behold it worked. Silence in the car no lights on the dash, for some reason a radio that still works. Never asked me for a code. Winner.

Regards

Phil

:D

• 7 years later...

Hi there. i have an s max 2010 titanium x.

I’ve just got home from the tyre shop and have the same ‘tyre monitor malfunction’ alarm coming on constantly. The tyre was over inflated to 38psi when it should have been 34psi. Any Ideas as to what to do next?? 

On 10/28/2019 at 8:34 PM, Jamesfry said:

Hi there. i have an s max 2010 titanium x.

I’ve just got home from the tyre shop and have the same ‘tyre monitor malfunction’ alarm coming on constantly. The tyre was over inflated to 38psi when it should have been 34psi. Any Ideas as to what to do next?? 

Hi, Not sure if this is right for your car but you can reset them..... https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/dashboard-warning-lights/ford-dashboard-warning-lights/ford-mondeo/tyre-pressure-sensor-reset.html

• 10 months later...
On 3/26/2012 at 7:45 PM, Whitters said:

Good Evening,

I had the fronts pads changed on my MK4 Mondeo today and since then I've had a Tyre Pressure Malfunction. The garage have read the fault codes and it says its auto reset. Is this normal and will it recover once I've done a few miles.

I hate having warning lights lite on the dash as its all seems very expensive to turn the off.

Thanks

Phil

ive a mondeo with a similer problem replaced 4 bran new sensors the problem is still flashing up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club