Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a new hsape Focus Tiatnium

snaphappyuk

Hi all,

I have been snooping around your excellent board for info on adding the standard ford USB connection to my 2008 Focus Titanium (new shape from Feb '08), it has the standard Sony head unit (black facia), without either the bluetooth fitted or the USB socket in the arm rest. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the USB socket Kit from Ford ?

I have the aux input in the glove box but I want to be able to control my ipod from the steering wheel controls.

One ford dealer says it is and the kit is £25, another says it isn't and needs to built into the car, does anyone have any knowledge of this ?

Look forward to reading your words of wisdom !

Thanks,

Snap

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I have been snooping around your excellent board for info on adding the standard ford USB connection to my 2008 Focus Titanium (new shape from Feb '08), it has the standard Sony head unit (black facia), without either the bluetooth fitted or the USB socket in the arm rest. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the USB socket Kit from Ford ?

I have the aux input in the glove box but I want to be able to control my ipod from the steering wheel controls.

One ford dealer says it is and the kit is £25, another says it isn't and needs to built into the car, does anyone have any knowledge of this ?

Look forward to reading your words of wisdom !

Thanks,

Snap

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum My car is a 56 plate ST-2

I am in the same situation as snap. I have the gen 1 sony and i want to add the usb option. I know the GEN 1 will not allow the USB but does the GEN 2? And if i buy a GEN 2 will it fit straight into my car and work with phone and steering wheel controls ( both factory options).

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Damn the Spam!!!

Guys, I think you can just buy an additional kit, you can get them from eBay, but I also believe Ford will sell them. It will involve removing the head unit, drilling holes etc, but I believe you can do it. You may also need a software update to your stereo to allow it.

Most of the advice I have offered on this subject tends to be with the old 6000CD head unit, I suspect if you give your local dealer a call, or @Parts First, and ask them the price of this bit of kit they should be able to get the info for you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club