Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Service ?

FIESTA_MAD

hi

my service aint due for around another 5 months but what i wanted to ask is how long does it take to do and whats done to the car ?

thanks.

This interests me too, what happens here in France seems to be very little, keen to know what happens in the UK.

Took mine to the dealer at 1500 kms, asked not to have an oil change as it's not mandatory and is at the owners expense, after waiting in the showroom for around an hour I noticed the car hadn't moved from in front of the reception.

Apparently that is it here?... they didn't tell me i could go, the book mentions a service at 1500 but gives no detail ; but in my mind a service is usually more than an oil change?

Anthony

It takes however long your dealer quotes you to do it, they might want it for a couple of hours or all day.

You can see what should be included by generating a service sheet here. (Notice I said should and not is - you need to check with your dealer what they will actually do)

In the UK at least the 1500km/mile service isn't really a service just a quick check up to make sure nothing has come loose and nothing is visually wrong. Its entirely optional.

I took my car in for it, they sprayed some grey stuff on the bonnet catch and battery terminals but no more clues than that.

First service is basically just an oil change and more visual checks.

Don't you all think 12500 miles is too far an oil change think im gonna pay for mine to be done at 6k. Otherwise it will be like tar, it cant be good for the engine to push it to the max.

Mine's up for a service in 600 miles, thank god it's free servicing :P

Tbh mines has hit 8000 miles and i think mines should have one but i dont wanna mess with there guides tbh.

I have my first service (1 year) tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club