Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regassing Air Con With Kit

juliec

Hello All,

First post so hope I've put it in the right place!!

I have recently bought a kit (Halfords) to re-gas my air conditioning. On the can they give a website address where details of re-gassing points are given. Unfortunately, my Fiesta isn't listed (it's a 2006 Fiesta Style) So I can't find the re-gas point! Can anyone please help?

Many thanks

Juliec

I always thought air con was best left to the 'professionals' myself =/

I always thought air con was best left to the 'professionals' myself =/

I agree.

A home charging kit is fine for a top up but a proper Aircon Recharge will draw off the duff refrigerant, pressure test the system and lubricate/regas the whole aircon unit and pump.

Usually leaks occur as the seals dry out and shrink so a proper job will recondition the seals and avoid leaking.

Licenced aircon engineers will safely draw off and dispose of old refrigerant, allowing any to escape to open air can incurr a huge fine.

you need to locate the silver pipes, there are 2 points but the regulator can only fit on one of them

• 2 months later...

The low pressure valve for regassing is located on under the front off side headlamp. You have to remove the headlamp completely to expose the valve so you can regass. A bit fiddly when first trying to remove as you need to take the grille off/out then manipulate the headlamp out carefully without breaking/cracking the bumper! There are 3 torque screws holding the headlamp in. btw - wear thick gloves when regassing as the cannister DOES get quite cold when you regass so be careful. Good luck, let us know if you managed to do it. I got a 7 degree drop in temperature when I did my Fiesta Zetec S :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club