Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading To A Dab, Urgent Help Needed To Get It Working!!!!

Torchwood

Surely someone knows how to do this or has had it done?  Speak to a guy on one of the dutch forums he said that ford thought it was something to do with the DAB option not being supported in the module software - although not sure what module he means?  I've replaced the stereo with a matching screen, dab controller and fascia (it already had a bluetooth/sycn module installed in the car) - does the car need to have the new stereo paired to it in order to write the updated config or something?  I can't find anywhere how to do this and its driving me mad....

On ‎12‎-‎3‎-‎2016 at 11:27 AM, bigi said:

Surely someone knows how to do this or has had it done?  Speak to a guy on one of the dutch forums he said that ford thought it was something to do with the DAB option not being supported in the module software - although not sure what module he means?  I've replaced the stereo with a matching screen, dab controller and fascia (it already had a bluetooth/sycn module installed in the car) - does the car need to have the new stereo paired to it in order to write the updated config or something?  I can't find anywhere how to do this and its driving me mad....

There is a guy on the Dutch Focus Forum that managed to get it working. He used an UCDS and IDS adapter. I'm still waiting on his reply how he actually did it, but it is possible to retrofit DAB after all.

And the module I mean is the FCDIM (screen).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Success!  Thanks to some great help from HarryNLD and his contact on the Dutch Focus Forum (also very helpful!) I purchased a UCDS adapter...and finally enabled DAB on the car configuration.  In Short - Yes it's possible!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club